Chapter 7 - already in trouble

Varian finally got home now with you over his shoulder asleep.

"(___)... wake up... were back!" Varian puts you down from over his shoulder and you yawn.

"Its time to face my dad..." he gulps, you put your hand on his shoulder.

" V it will be okay, I'll take the blame though we might get in slight trouble about the time..." you say sheepishly.

Varian looks around to see its pitch black. He gulps hard.

"Well... here goes nothing." You mumble.

You walk in and see Quirin standing there looking angry yet disappointed.

"Heeyyyy Quirin...." You smile sheepishly.

"I told you-" you cut Quirin off.

"Look, it's my fault we're back so late and... wet please don't get upset with Varian." You get nervous of the stare Quirin gives you before saying:

"Varian go to your room..."

"But-"

"Now!" He commanded.

"Yes, dad...." Varian looks at you with a saddened face and walks up to his room.

You watch Varian walk up the stairs when suddenly Quirin speaks.

"Well? What have you got to say for yourself young lady... or should say... Starlight striker?" He knows who you are and gives you a stern look which intimidates you.

"The name is (___)." You talk back, "I've come to Corona to change not to be judged by how I survived!"

"Oh don't talk rubbish! Once a theif always a theif!" Quirin raises his voice.

"Hm so you've never made a mistake in your life then? I had no choice! It was that or get killed!"

Quirin stands there in shock.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Varian hears that his dad is talking about your past.

"I'm so sorry (___)... I should've taken the blame..." He sits on the floor with his legs tucked under his arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well thank you for being honest with me (___)...." Quirin gives a disappointed look at you.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you Quirin." You say while looking at the floor.

Quirin nods.

"Varian come here please..." Varian comes down the stairs looking at the floor.

"Since (___) told me the truth you won't be punished..." Varian looks up and stares at his dad in disbelief.

"But I went to the castle today and the king would like to see you soon (___)..." Quirin glances away looking sad.

"You two go to bed please..."

"Okay, dad."

You and Varian both walk up to his room where you have a mattress on the floor to sleep on since Quirin hasn't finished making a bed.

"I wonder why the king wants to see me?" You say trying to break the silence.

"Probably because you're staying in Corona now," Varian says while hopping into his bed.

You notice Varian has his goggles on his head as well as his gloves on.

"Hey V how come you always wear your goggles and gloves," you ask curiously.

"Well, before my mom left my dad and I she gave me them... When I don't have them on I feel... almost vulnerable..."

You walk over to his bed and hug him. "Your my best friend Varian, and I promise I'll always be here for you. Even if we're miles apart." He smiles warmly at you.

You get back into your bed and say, "I know this sounds crazy but I felt connected to you when I saw you come in that night when I was freaked out like we were meant to be together...."

You quickly turn over in embarrassment and say, "Night Varian."

Varian realises that he felt the same way. "I felt connected too..." "Good night (___)."

You turn over remembering a lullaby that you heard while running from Kingdom to Kingdom and can't help but sing it.

"Where the north wind meets the sea..." Varian turns over when he hears lullaby that sounds familiar.

"There's a river full of memory..." you sit there while Varian listens in.

"Sleep my darling safe and sound. For in this river  all is found..."

"Where did you hear that lullaby?" Varian asks while sleepy

"I heard it while running from Kingdom to Kingdom..." you think harder. "It's from a magic river that holds memories."

Varian huffs, "I don't believe in magic there's always a scientific explanation specifically-"

You cut him off, "Alchemy!" You imitate him again.

"You know you're really bad at impressions." He laughs playfully

You look over again to see that Varian has fallen asleep with his mouth open.

You smile and turn over to go to sleep.

What you and Varian didn't know was Quirin was standing at the door when you said you were running from Kingdom to Kingdom...