sixty

easter break came and news of harry and hermione being captured at malfoy manor got around.

"jordan, do you think he'll do anything to them?" daphne asked, concerned about the fluffy haired gryffindor girl.

"i hope not. i really hope not." jordan mumbled, writing a letter to her father.

"me too." daphne whisper quietly.

jordan sighed, looking up from her letter to stare out the window into the black lake.

"please, jords, daph, tell draco he doesn't need to go home." blaise said, going over to the two seated girls.

"what?" jordan asked, looking at her boyfriend.

draco just sighed and looked at his hands. "mother wants me to come home because she thinks hogwarts is too dangerous. she also wants you to come home, but i told her there's no way you would leave." 

jordan looked between the boy and her friends.

"that's insane! there's a war coming and hogwarts is one of the safest places, snape's making sure of it." daphne cried and jordan shook her head.

"no no, your mother's right. you should go back home, manage things from there. we can take care of things here." jordan thought out loud and everyone looked at her.

"are you serious?" blaise asked and jordan nodded.

"yeah, if we take care of things here, draco will stay safe, and can give us updates on what their plans are." jordan explained.

everyone looked at draco and he was just staring at jordan.

"what do you think?" blaise asked, nudging him.

"I think it's a great plan, but i don't want to leave you guys here unprotected." draco said and daphne laughed.

"please, we have crabbe and goyle, what other protection do we need?" she asked, making the three others smile.

"i heard my name." goyle said and blaise shook his head with a snort, making daphne and draco laugh.

jordan smiled, watching her friends.

still, a pang of sadness hit her like a tidal wave, reminding her there were so many suffering for her actions.

was that her subconscious? possibly.

but, she didn't want to drag everyone down with her thoughts, so instead, she put up her smile and acted like the world they knew wasn't crumbling around them.

soon, it was time for everyone to leave though. 

half the students were leaving, scared to be there but also scared to be at home.

jordan didn't have a choice and she thought about that as they all waved to draco getting on the train.

just before he stepped on though, jordan had a moment of clear thought and ran up to him.

"jords?" he asked but she didn't answer, only pulling him into one last kiss.

"please be safe." she murmured as she let go, letting him get on the train.

"i promise." he grinned back, stepping up the stairs until he was out of sight.

she sighed, turned back to her friends and followed them up to the castle.

the common room felt so much emptier now, but she pushed through her feelings and went up to her room.

suddenly there was a searing pain in her temples.

she went to cry out but it was gone as fast as it started.

"you okay jones?" jackie asked, coming in and looking at her.

her mind was buzzing but she gave her a short, curt nod.

she wanted to say more but she found herself walking away from her once best friend.

she didn't know where she was going until she found herself in the chamber below the school, the carcass of the giant snake still twisted, rotting on the floor.

"you stupid girl." came a small, mocking chuckle from somewhere around her and she fell to her knees.

"please, get out of my head!" she cried, feeling the force in there.

"make me." and with that, pain seared through her mind like a steak on the grill, twisting her vision and making her scream in agony.

she could've swore she saw a dark haired boy in slytherin robes, but played it off as a trick of the mind.

suddenly, it stopped and jordan got up as if nothing happened, heading back to her dorm room.

it was dark in the common room, not even embers flickering, the shadows of water not usually dancing like they did.

it was silent, so silent that jordan could hear her own heart beats in her chest, loud and pounding against her rib cage.

she knew then, this was it, she had to start preparing for the final battle.

-

hi.

it's been a while and i'm sorry.

things were rough for a while but they're getting better (i hope).

ik this isn't the longes chapter but i have school in a few hours and have no sleep, only caffeine so yay.

i hope you guys enjoy this chapter, i started crying bc this is getting close to the end and i don't want that.

so

what are we going to do?

pretend like everythings fine and definitely not write 6 other books while waiting for inspiration :)).

anyways, i love you all, and thank you for everything :'))) 

you all truely have my heart and soul <3

drink water babes!

-g