twenty two

"jordan! jordan my love!" daphne laughed, shoving past younger students in the hallway to jump and give her best friend a hug.

"my babes!" jackie joined, hugging them both in the middle of the hallway.

"jackie! i missed you!" jordan squealed, giving her a giant hug.

"i know! we haven't seen each other since japan! i missed you both!" jackie grinned as the three of them went into a compartment, jordan scaring some second years out.

"so, how was blaise? treating you right or do i need to hex him?" jackie asked daphne and she blushed.

"we're doing very well, i think one we graduate he might ask for my hand." she whispered the last part and jordans hand flew to her mouth.

"that's great daph!" jackie grinned and jordan nodded.

"that's great, really!" she agreed and daphne's grin widened.

"i'm so excited, we just have to last until seventh year now." she grinned and jordan patted her knee.

"you guys will. i have complete faith." she told her jackie nodding along with her.

"what about you jj? i heard your dad came home." daphne said, nudging her friend.

jordan just nodded, picking at her perfect nails.

"yes, he came home last night and we had a dinner. it was interesting, draco and blaise came." she told them and jackie smirked.

"draco huh?" she asked and jordan rolled her eyes.

"no. one hundred percent no." she said and the two other girls laughed before the compartment door opened.

"oh, hey jordan." riley said giving the girl a wink and she laughed.

"hey riley, trying to find a compartment?" she asked, looking at his slytherin companions.

"no, we're just looking for this kid, you might know him. draco malfoy?" he asked and the two girls looked to jordan, whos smiled faded.

"what? why?" she asked and he grinned evilly.

"no reason, we're just in need for a friendly chat." he said and moved away, jordan standing up.

"i'll be back." she told her friends who grinned a little.

"a hundred percent no huh?" jackie asked daphne as jordan shut the door.

"i would never want to see what a hundred percent yes looks like." she giggled.

jordan ran through to where she knew draco sat with blaise, crabbe, and goyle.

"malfoy!" she yelled once she saw him and all four boys turned to look at her, blaise muttering something to him and draco blushed.

"malfoy." she said, out of breath as she stood next to their table.

"breathe jones." goyle said with a smirk as draco stood up and put his hands on her shoulders.

"jones? what's going on?" he asked her and she took a deep breath.

"hufflepuff. jenkins. talk." she muttered and he looked at her.

"what?" he asked and crabbe nodded.

"riley jenkins the hufflepuff is coming here to talk to you." he translated and jordan smiled at him greatfully.

"sit. now." draco said, gently pushing her into his seat and blaise offering her something from his flask.

"hey guys, uh, i think riley jenkins is looking for you draco." adrian said, coming up and throwing an eyebrow up at jordan drinking whiskey out of blaise's flask.

"yeah, jones just came to tell us." draco nodded to the girl who held up a hand to them.

"yeah, i am looking for you malfoy." riley said, coming up with his goons behind draco and his friends.

"hey jonesie, long time no see." riley said, smirking at the girl. draco stepped in front of her and towered over riley.

"we got her, she has nothing to do with this." draco said and riley rolled his eyes.

"she has everything to do with this malfoy!" he said and jordan looked at blaise confused.

blaise just shook it off and the two boys started to argue over things jordan didn't understand.

"we'll talk about this in school jenkins. leave." draco told the older boy who gave him one last sneer before winking at jordan and turning away, leaving with his goon squad.

"what's all that about?" jordan asked and draco waved her off.

"don't worry about it jordan. you don't need to know." he said and she rolled her eyes, shoving past him and back to her friends.

she stormed into the compartment and the two girls looked at her before she shook her head.

"no. i'm not talking about them. and especially not about bloody malfoy." she told them, getting her book out and opening it to the page she left off on last night.

"is that in french?" jackie asked and jordan looked up, nodding.

"yeah." she answered and jackie's eyes widened.

"i had no idea you could read french." she said and daphne grinned

"french, latin, and italian. she can speak french and italian." she told jackie as jordan went back to her book.

"that's really cool." she whispered and daphne nodded. the two continued a quiet conversation, letting their friend read.

"hey, we should change." daphne said, putting a hand on jordans book.

she just sighed and put her book away, getting up and following the girls to the bathrooms where they changed.

"i feel as if my skirt has gotten shorter." jordan said as they walked back to their compartment.

"maybe your butt just got bigger." jackie jokes and jordan laughed, pushing her gently.

the three girls laughed at the train came up to hogwarts.

"jj, you alright?" daphne asked as she caught jordan watching the castle with sadness.

"things are going to change this year." she said and the two girls smiles fell.

"i can feel it, like the dark cloud settling over hogwarts. things are changing." she continued.

"yeah but we'll still have each other." daphne said patting her arm.

"yeah we will." jackie agreed and jordan just smiled at them, fiddling her necklace.

she knew things wouldn't stay like this forever but she guessed she should probably savor it while she can.