seven

it was finally the day of the first event and jordan was nervous for cedric, even though they weren't speaking.

"c'mon jj! we're going to be late if you take any longer!" jackie called as her and daphne waited for her.

"i'm done! i'm done! don't get your panties in a twist!" jordan said, running out of the bathroom to put on her hat and boots before following the girls out to the common room and out.

they were giggling as they made their way down the path.

"bets! place your bets!" the ginger twins called to people passing down the path.

"oh! i'll place some money on diggory!" daphne said, handing the boys some money.

"thank you ladies." they said in sync and the girls smiled at them, heading to the already filled stadium.

"jj!" seamus called and she turned to him with a smile, going up and giving him a hug.

"dean isn't around here is he?" she asked once they broke their hug, making seamus laugh.

"no, but your friend's are looking for you." he said, nodding to the girls, turning their heads.

"alright, later then!" jordan said, but seamus stopped her.

"if harry gets the egg today, there's a party at gryffindor tonight. wanna come hang out?" he asked and she smiled widely.

"hell yeah." she giggled and with that, she bounced off to her friends who linked arms with her, not wanting her to wander off again.

they found a place by their house mates and stood their, waiting for the event to begin.

"hey jones!" goyle called over and she turned, her loose hair whipping around in the wind.

"what's up goyle?" she called back and he beckoned her over.

jordan grabbed jackie and daphne and dragged them over to the boys.

"jones." draco greeted and jordan smirked.

"what's up daddy issues?" she asked and he groaned.

"bloody hell jones, stop calling me that!" draco exclaimed, making jordan laugh.

"sorry malfoy, just too much fun to see you get worked up over a name." she told him.

"bloody hell." he mumbled before the crowd roared, cedric stepping out.

jordan held her breath, watching as cedric maneuvered his way around the dragon to try and get the egg.

"i can't watch." jordan said, burying her face in draco's shoulder, making him blush.

blaise watched with a smirk on his face, knowing that something was bound to happen with them.

"oh god, this is going to kill me." draco muttered before patting her back. "he's doing good jones."

she peaked just to see the dragons tail come close to him and looked away again.

in one swoop, cedric got the egg and the stadium erupted into cheers.

he looked around before catching the eye of his slytherin friend who had tears in her eyes.

"i don't know if i can actually watch the rest of this guys, i'm just going back to the castle." jordan told her house mates.

jackie and daphne nodded while blaise patted her shoulder.

she quickly moved her way through the stands, stopping by to give seamus one last hug.

on her way back to the castle, she had to pass the champions tent.

"jordan! jj!" cedric yelled, running up towards her.

"what do you want?" she asked but he didn't slow down, just ran and picked her up, spinning her around.

"did you see me? i did it jonesie!" cedric exclaimed, making jordan crack a smile as he set her down.

they stayed close and then heard a picture snap. "oh this is perfect!" rita skeeter exclaimed.

"oh no." cedric mumbled, jordan jumping away from him.

"and who might you be?" rita asked jordan who glared at the woman.

"i'm someone who could make you lose your job faster than you can 'daily prophet'." jordan glared at the woman who laughed.

"aren't you perfect for golden boy here. a slow burn romance, you two have known each other for years and just turned lovers, just in time for cedric here to put his life on the line with this contest." rita said, clapping her hands as her pen wrote down everything on a pad.

"woman, did you not bloody hear me? i will make you lose your job if you publish this story." jordan said, her anger building up.

"this is crazy, she's my best friend!" cedric inputted.

"what's your name love?" rita asked jordan who was just about ready to smack her notebook down.

"fuck you." she spat, storming off, making cedric sigh and head back into the tent.

jordan heading into the castle, feeling the need to hurt or curse something.

it was stupid really, she was just angry and when she gets angry, she can't completely control it.

some muggles might say she needs anger management.

but for jordan, her outlet was punching things.

she ended up at the room of requirement, feeling the need for a punching bag and to hex something.

when the door finally showed itself, jordan burst in to see the punching bag and some dummies to beat up.

she stayed there for a couple hours before her stomach started making noise for the first time in a couple days.

she looked at the clock on the wall and saw she had an hour before dinner.

the girl quickly grabbed her things and headed downstairs to the dungeon.

"jj!" she heard and turned to see blaise.

"oh, hey blaise." she smiled and he looked her up and down.

"jones, have you lost weight?" he asked and she smiled.

"you can tell?" she grinned, thinking it was a good thing.

blaise just shook his head. "jordan, are you okay? you look like you lost a lot." he asked.

"i'm fine! i'm just glad i'm actually losing weight." she smiled.

"does this mean you'll be eating with us at dinners now?" blaise asked, goyle coming up and putting his arms around the two.

"jones eating dinner? what a concept." he joked and jordan smacked his cheek.

"shut your bloody arse up goyle." she laughed as they got to the entrance to the dungeon.

"i guess i'll see you at dinner boys." jordan grinned, bouncing into the common room.

goyle and blaise looked at each other before shaking their heads.

"she's going insane."