forty two

"jordan darling, would you like to come into work with me today?" jerald asked jordan one morning as they were having tea on the balcony over the garden.

jordan looked up from her book excitedly. "um, yes!" she laughed and jerald smiled.

"okay, we'll leave in thirty minutes." jerald called as jordan ran up to her room to change.

she put on a white blouse and a tan skirt, pulling on a blazer to match the skirt. she slide onto some beige stilettos before grabbing a ribbon to tie her hair back.

jordan bounced down to the bottom of the stairs and met her dad.

"lovely as usual darling." her father said, making her smile.

"thank you dad. is cooper driving up?" jordan asked as the made their way to the front of the house.

"yeah, there." jerald said nodding to the driver in front of the car.

the two got in, jerald looking over files the whole way into london.

jordan was excited, she loved going into the office she was set to inherit someday.

"oh, jj, dracos going to join us later today for lunch with lucius." jerald said as they got to the building.

"what? why?" jordan asked, secretly excited to see draco again.

"well, draco's learning the ropes to lucius' company and you're with me, so we thought it would be a good idea." jerald said with a small smile, knowing jordan was happy.

jordan just nodded and smiled, walking with class into the business.

jerald was in trade, producing some of the biggest trades to help london's economy, inporting and exporting goods.

of course, this also made him famous in the muggle world as well as the wizarding world.

jordan made the papers a couple summers ago as they discovered she was set to inherit everything.

of course the muggles had no idea about the other side of the company.

there were stares as jordan floated to her dads office.

she of course ignored them and sat down, looking at some papers while jerald sat at his desk.

the two stayed that way before a pretty woman came to the door.

"um, sir, you asked me to remind you when you had to go to lunch." she said, making jerald and jordan look up at her.

"oh, very well. ready dear?" jerald asked and jordan nodded, grabbing her coat and following him out.

it was raining, which wasn't uncommon in london. jordan just sighed and pulled her coat above her head.

"daphne would kill me right now dad. this is a three hundred pound coat." jordan said as they got in the car.

"but she isn't here. besides, i can buy you a new one later." jerald said with a roll of her hand.

jordan shrugged and watched the rain as they drove to a fancy, french restaurant.

"really dad?" jordan asked with a laugh as she saw press with their cameras outside.

"what are they doing here?" jerald said with a sigh.

jordan reached under the seat and brought out a black umbrella.

"this would've been helpful earlier." she said, raising an eyebrow at her dad.

"no matter what they ask jords, just say no comment. it'll be okay kiddo." jerald said, preparing to hurry inside.

"yeah yeah, it's expected if i go out with you dad, don't worry about me." jordan said, straightening her outfit as the driver came around to open her door.

jerald smiled proudly at his daughter before getting out.

jordan followed, a stone cold expression on her face as she opened the umbrella and walked towards the restaurant.

"miss jones! miss jones!" were called but she ignored them, heading inside.

"jonesie!" she heard and turned to her her boyfriend who wasn't her boyfriend standing there.

"malfoy!" jordan called back and rushed over to him.

the met in the middle and he gave her a big hug.

of course no moment can be perfect and they were broken away by a flash of a camera.

"hey! out out out!" an older man said, shooting the photographer out.

draco stayed with his arm around jordans waist as they moved to a table with their fathers.

"jordan, nice to see you again." lucius said with a small smile as they sat down.

"you too lucius, how's narcissa?" she asked and lucius nodded.

"very well, thank you for asking." lucius said before turning to jerald and starting a conversation about work.

"so, look at us. both heirs to some of the biggest companies in london, going into our sixth year, both excellent students. what could make this any better?" draco asked with a teasing grin.

"i don't know, imagine if we were dating, wouldn't that be such a scandal?" jordan asked with a laugh and draco saw jerald turn to their conversation, intrigued.

"that would just be the cherry on top of everything." draco said with a grin as a waiter came around, collecting their orders.

jordan and draco flirted the entire time, oblivious to the looks jerald and lucius were giving them.

by the end of lunch, jordan and draco had so much tension between them, it was only a matter of time before it broke.

"dad, i'm not feeling too well, is it okay if i go home and rest? i think i overate." jordan asked with a shy smile.

"yes of course kiddo, i'll have cooper take you home right away." jerald said as they walked out of the restaurant, cameras flashing.

"god, don't these people have anything better to do?" jordan asked her dad as a flash blinded her for a second.

"believe me jords, i know." jerald said, getting in the car, jordan right behind him.

cooper the driver dropped jerald off first before going back to the estate.

jordan thanked the man and ran inside, tossing her coat on the hanger to hopefully dry.

just as she ran into the dining room to try and fix her hair in the mirror there, there was noise from the fireplace and draco stepped out, running over to her.

he placed his hands on the side of her face and kissed her.

jordan sighed as she tasted green apple, smiling as he pulled away with a laugh.

"i've been dying to do that since fourth year."