fifty two

"did you hear lucius malfoy has gotten locked away in azkaban?"

whispers like those were heard throughout the castle.

when jordan heard she went straight to find draco.

it was after dinner, but she never saw him at his usual spot.

"draco!" she called throughout the empty hallways but heard nothing until she got closer to the woman's bathrooms, famously haunted by myrtle.

"draco?" she called in, fearing many things.

"who's there?" she heard harry yell and she narrowed her eyes, drawing her wand before she burst in.

she disarmed the gryffindor in a second before turning to see draco on the floor.

bleeding out.

"what did you do?" jordan asked harry, scary calm, as she turned around to face him.

"he was going to use cruciatus on me!" harry yelled but jordan didn't care.

she stalked him until his back was pressed against the rough surface of the wall and her wand was at his throat.

"i don't care if he was going to use all three on you." she whispered harshly, barring her teeth like a wolf.

harry gulped nervously as the door burst open again to reveal snape with myrtle.

snape wasted no time in bringing draco to the hospital wing, leaving jordan to watch harry alone for a few minutes.

as soon as the door closed, jordan hit harry with a full body bind curse, leaving him immobile.

she resulted into breaking his nose once again, as draco had done at the beginning of the year.

by the time his face was all bloody and a couple ribs were broken, tears were pouring out of jordans face.

"miss jones." she heard snape say faintly.

the girl turned around to see her professor looking at her in concern.

"professor." jordan said, quickly wiping away her tears.

"i have to give you detention jordan. however, only two days with me this weekend. report to me friday night at seven." snape said and jordan nodded.

"yes sir." she said, turning and walking out as snape undid the curse and got ready to bring harry to the hospital wing as well.

jordan didn't want to face her friends just yet, so she went to the room of requirement.

she worked on the cabinet for hours, keeping her mind off the face draco was sitting in the hospital wing by himself.

that's when it clicked he was by himself with harry, so she quickly put the bird she had in the cabinet and ran out, heading to the hospital wing.

"miss jones! it's almost time for curfew." madame pomfrey said once she heard jordans shoes clicking across the marble floor.

"i'm sorry! can i please stay with him tonight? i was there." jordan asked, tears pooling her eyes.

the witch looked at the girl and finally sighed.

"yes, just please don't be too loud. i have another patient over there." the woman said, nodding to harry on the other side of the wing.

jordan nodded and walked over to dracos side.

"hey love." she whispered softly, pushing a piece of hair away from his face.

she sat there all night, holding his hand as the cuts tried to heal themselves.

when the sun finally rose, people started pouring into the wing.

everyone ran over to harry, only the slytherin friends coming over to check on draco.

"how is he?" blaise asked, sitting on dracos other side.

jordan took a deep breath, "he's been this way the entire night. i don't know what potter hit him with but they aren't healing."

blaise looked solemnly at his best friend and then over to where the gryffindor was resting.

"how is he not expelled? he hit draco with a curse not even madame knows how to heal." he said, glaring at the boy.

"favoritism. he's favored by pretty much every teacher at this school while draco and us are the children no one wants to claim. we're the evil kids who won't stop until we get what we want." jordan said, her eyes filling with tears again as she realized how prejudiced not only the world was, but the place where everyone was supposed to feel safe and loved.

"it's bullshit." blaise said, then the door opened again to reveal daphne, jackie, crabbe, goyle, and narcissa.

the five walked hurriedly to dracos side.

"how is he?" narcissa asked, her eyes showing signs she was crying.

jordan got up and hugged the woman, then letting her have her seat.

"his cuts haven't healed. i don't even know what he was hit with." jordan said softly, looking at her boyfriend.

narcissa's eyes filled with tears once again as she looked at her boy, then over at harry.

"i suppose that was one of you's doings?" she asked the group and they all shook their heads besides jordan, who looked down.

"i'm sorry, it all just came out." she mumbled and narcissa patted her hand.

"it's okay dear. you did what you had to do." she said and jordan sighed looking at draco.

it wouldn't be another week before he was released.

the day he came out of the wing was the day the bird came back to the vanishing cabinet, giving jordan the sign it was time.

"draco. come quickly." jordan whispered one night, sneaking into dracos room.

"huh? what?" he mumbled but jordan shushed him, telling him to get dressed and follow her.

the pair snuck around the castle, finally coming to the room of requirement.

"what's going on jordan?" draco asked as she shut the door.

"it's time."