eight

the air started to get cold fast and soon snow covered the hogwarts ground.

"hey guys! something's on the board!" crabbe said while everyone was in the common room getting ready for dinner.

daphne, jackie, and jordan took a break from their homework and looked up to see a crowd around the board.

"bloody hell, snape's teaching dancing lessons!" a fifth year called to everyone who was still sitting down.

the girls all looked at each other before breaking out laughing.

"snape teaching dancing lessons? of this is bound to be fun." jackie giggled, jordan grinning along.

"i don't know about you guys but i'm kind of excited." daphne said.

"yeah, i mean, all of us trying to dance, that's going to be funny." jordan grinned, casting a glance at the guys and caught draco's eye.

they locked eyes for a minute before jordan looked away, back to her work.

"hey, it's almost time to head down." jackie said after a couple minutes.

"oh, it is." daphne giggled, packing up all her things, the two other girls following her lead.

once the girls got up to their room, they started gossiping.

"so who do you think going to ask who to the ball?" daphne asked, jumping on her bed.

"i think blaise has had his eye on you for a while daph." jordan said while jackie nodded along with her.

"do you think he'll ask me?" she asked hopefully and the two other girls nodded.

"oh yeah, he'll ask you." jackie said surely before turning to jordan, "and mr. gryffindor is going to ask you."

"you mean seamus?" jordan asked, a small blush dusting her cheeks.

"that's his name? he's rather cute jones, but you could do so much better than a gryffindor." draco said, leaning on the girls doorway.

jordan rolled her eyes, throwing a pillow at him. "piss off malfoy. who are you taking?" she asked and he shrugged.

"i bet it's my sister. she's been hanging all over him." daphne said, jackie giggling at the face draco made.

"never." he said, his face twisted up.

"then who are you going to take?" jordan asked.

"pansy, it's definitely pansy." jackie snickered and he shrugged.

"that would be a fair choice honestly. but no, i'm thinking of someone else." he said, handing jordan's pillow back to her.

"how about jordan? she's cute and single." daphne said and jordan shook her head.

"he wouldn't ask me, would you draco?" she looked at him, glaring at the blondie who smirked.

"maybe i would jones, daph's right, you're cute." he said with a shrug and walked out of the dorm.

jackie and daphne looked at jordan with their mouths open. jordan on the other hand was laughing and shaking her head.

"he's bloody stupid." she giggled, putting on her robe to go to dinner, jackie and daphne behind her.

they headed to dinner, sitting just the three of them, getting dirty looks from pansy and astoria the entire time.

after getting jordan to eat some food, the girls decided they were done and headed back up, getting ready for bed and their saturday dance lessons.

they were joking and giggling right up until they turned off the light.

in the morning, jordan was the first one up, forcing her to get ready in silence.

she decided maybe she would put on some more makeup today and put on blush, mascara, highlighter, and lip gloss.

when she was done, both daphne and jackie were asleep but the other girl was up and rummaging around in her trunk.

"so you're the mysterious roommate." jordan said cooly, leaning on the bathroom frame.

the girl jumped up in surprise and glare at the dark haired witch.

"huh, no surprise. you already seem to hate me. let me guess, you heard a rumor i'm a bitch." jordan smirked and the girl sneered.

"yeah, something like that." the girl said and jordan's smirk just grew evilly.

"just so you know, i'm even worse than the rumors." she deadpanned, the girl storming past her to the bathroom, but jordan ended up tripping her.

"oops?" she said rolling her eyes as the girl glared at her.

after the girl got out of the bathroom and went out of the room, jordan woke up the other girls who got ready for the dancing lessons.

"i can't believe snape is teaching us how to dance." daphne giggled as they made their way to where snape told them to meet.

"this is going to be unbelievably hysterical." jordan agreed, jackie grinning in the middle of them.

once they got to the room, snape and madam pomfrey were there, dividing the room to boys and girls.

once the room was mostly full, snape started his lecture. "as you know, the yule ball is coming up very soon, and the tradition is to dance. so today, madam pomfrey and i will be instructing how to, dance." he said in his cold, monotone voice.

madam pomfrey started some music and snape took her hand, leading a dance.

once they were finished demonstrating how to dance, madam pomfrey sent smiles to all the students.

"go ahead, pair up." snape told them, each side giving each other the eye before blaise finally stood up and walked over to daphne.

"care to dance greengrass?" he asked and she shrugged, taking his hand and following him, most of the other guys and girls pairing up.

jordan watched with an amused grin on her face as most of the girls stumbled over their feet or the boys would do something disrespectful, earning a slap on the head from snape.

"let's dance jones." draco said, pulling her out of her seat and leading her to the floor, causing most of the girls to cast glares at her.

"why do you do this malfoy?" jordan asked as they started to waltz, draco smiling as he found she was a perfect dancing partner.

"how do you dance this well?" he retaliated and she shrugged.

"ballroom lessons when i was little. pretty much all purebloods had to right?" she said with a sad smile on her face.

draco nodded. "yeah, my mom always claimed it was important to know how to dance."

"smart woman your mom is. my mom just wanted to make sure when she sets up my marriage, i'll be able to dance without making a fool out of myself." jordan laughed, continuing to waltz around their classmates.

the pair continued their dance until snape stopped them. "very well done draco, jordan." he complimented in his cold voice.

jordan smiled at the man before sticking her tongue out at draco and running out with her friends who were giggling at her actions.