fifty seven

"so do you think daphnes going to be all pouty when she gets here?" jackie asked as the two sat in their carriage.

jordan just laughed, "without cody? yeah definitely."

the two giggled and talked until the said girl slid into the booth with them.

"hey girls." daphne said glumly.

jackie and jordan looked at each other before letting out small giggles.

"what?" daphne asked and jordan shrugged.

"nothing, just you being in a mood." jordan told her, making daphne smile finally.

"you're so cute daph, missing cody already." jackie said and daphne shook her head.

"no, no. i just miss the feeling of innocence we used to have going to school." daphne said sadly and jordan paused.

she was right, jordan thought back to her first year, boarding the train and being quite terrified. she remembered cedric noticing her with tears in his eyes, the girl somehow reminding him of andrew jones. she remembered how the spent every train ride together, how many laughs and giggles they had together.

then she remembered the train ride to fifth year, the first year she didn't have cedric.

but now, they were going to start their seventh year, their last year.

"we're going to be seventh years. this is our last time together on here." jordan said quietly, sobering up the mood.

"this is our last time." jackie repeated, almost inaudible. 

the three girls looked at each other before daphne teared up.

"what if it starts?" she asked and that's when the boys arrived.

"it already has." crabbe said as draco tossed down the daily prophet on the table.

jordan sighed as draco sat down next to her, putting a hand on her leg.

"i have a really bad feeling about this year." she stated and everyone agreed.

"hey, it's okay, we'll be fine." draco said, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

everyone chatted until there was a sudden stop, causing people to quiet down and start muttering.

"what's going on?" jackie whispered to their friends and draco told her to shush, making jordan smack him softly.

the door slid open and fenrir greyback and some death eaters marched through before passing slowly by the table.

the werewolf gave a nod to jordan and draco, the two giving the werewolf a nod back.

the group passed and everyone looked at the couple.

"what was that about?" jackie hissed and jordan shook her head.

"an understanding. nobody touches us." draco explained and daphne shook her head.

"that's like making a deal with the devil." she said.

meanwhile, crabbe and goyle nodded, proud of their friends.

"that's very smart. thank you." goyle said and crabbe nodded along.

jordan looked at the two and raised an eyebrow at them, getting curious about their friendship.

the group started talking again as the train started moving.

just as the train was slowing to a stop, pulling into the hogsmeade station, a gryffindor barged in.

"where is she?" he yelled and his eyes landed on jordan.

"longbottom." jordan said slowly, moving past draco and out of the booth.

"you slimy, slytherin fiend put my friends, my family, in danger!" he said, drawing his wand.

a bad choice as he was in the car full of slytherins, who all drew their wands on him.

"you moron." draco smirked, standing up behind jordan, pointing his wand at him.

neville's eyes didn't move off jordan, who was staring him down, her wand tucked safely in her robes.

"longbottom, there's no need for this. look around, it's twenty against one. you may have courage, but you're so bloody stupid." jordan said with a scoff and neville looked around, his face turning red.

"you put my friends in danger jones, you've meddled with their lives to a point they can't return to only place they feel safe!" neville ranted and jordan shook her head.

"no, it was the boys stupid actions that did that. the only smart one in the group is hermione, and god i would never want her to get hurt." jordan said, dragging a hand through her hair.

neville scoffed at this, "please you're a slytherin, you would love for us all to just die." 

jordan shook her head. "i would never want anyone to die, god who do you think i am?" jordan exclaimed.

neville just rolled his eyes and walked out, jordan turning to bury her face in draco's chest.

"why is this happening?" jordan mumbled as people stood up to get off.

"it's nothing jords. i promise i won't let anything happen to you, no gryffindors will come near you." draco said soothingly, stroking her hair and holding her.

jordan just sighed and pulled away.

"come on, snape needs his head girl." draco said, snaking his arm around jordans waist and leading her out and off he train.

the two met back up with their friends and quietly talked on their carriage ride, almost avoiding the subject of the outside world.

"so, excited to be head girl jordan?" daphne asked and jordan shrugged.

"i guess so. it's going to be different." jordan shrugged, still a little shaken up from the events on the train.

draco put a hand on her knee and smiled, "you can do it, i know my girl." 

jordan rolled her eyes, looking away to shield a blush rising to her cheek.

"awww, he's made her blush!" crabbe laughed, pointing at jordans face.

"shut up you bloody oaf." jordan mumbled and everyone laughed at that.

jordan just sighed, looking at all her friends, noticing how happy they looked.

she couldn't help but think about how many lives had been ruined by her choices, not directly but by the butterfly effect.

every single choice can have an impact on someone's life, it just hurt to think someone could've died, or did die.

finally, she took a deep breath and looked out the window, seeing the golden castle lit up for the last time.

-

an!

happy holidays babes! i hope you guys celebrate happily and stay safe.

also i was looking at my insights on here and it says some people who read this story are from australia and i find that so cool, my sister and i want to move there one day.

anyways, i hope you all stay safe and healthy! i love you all <3