forty eight

it was a few days after jordan got home when she finally heard of the new woman, diana, again.

"jordan please get up! we're meeting diana in london today!" jerald called early in the morning and jordan groaned.

"do i have to?" she called back and she heard jerald laugh, meaning she did.

reluctantly, she got up and showered, annoyed at the fact she had to meet a new person her father may or may not be dating.

she hummed to herself as she looked in her closet for something to wear.

she finally decided on a white, silky, button up shirt and a beige skirt, tossing on some golden jewelry to match.

she pulled her long, dark hair back with a silky ribbon to match her shirt and did makeup to make her green eyes pop.

jordan wanted to look her best, not like she had anyone to impress or anything.

"are you ready?" jerald asked, poking his head into jordans room.

"almost. i need to grab my coat and shoes." jordan replied and jerald nodded.

"i'll see you at the bottom of the stairs, we're apparating." he told his daughter who smiled and ran to her closet.

she slid on some beige shoes and grabbed a coat to match before getting a small purse and her wand.

she rushed as fast as she could to put powder, lipstick, and some essentials in her bag before running out of her room and down to her father.

"ready?" he asked a second time, this time jordan nodded with a smile.

the apparated to a small alley in london, hurrying out onto the streets.

jerald was excited, making jordan kind of nervous.

what if diana was like her mother? or even worse?

all worries his deep below jordans face as she stumbled onto a dress shop.

"jerry!" jordan heard a light voice call and both the jones turned to see a woman.

she was beautiful, tall, amazing figure, and she looked sweet.

"diana!" jerald laughed, hurrying over to give her a hug.

jordan knew she had seen the woman somewhere but couldn't figure out where.

"and you must be jordan! i've heard so much about you." diana said, shaking jordans hand.

"hello." jordan said softly, trying to picture where she saw her when it finally clicked. "i've seen you in magazines, are you a model?"

the woman laughed, turning to jerald. "you didn't tell her who i am?"

"all i told her was you're one of my friends from hogwarts. it's the truth." jerald said and jordan furrowed her brow.

"what am i missing?" she asked the two adults and diana blushed.

"it's technically princess diana, i'm married to prince charles." diana said, tilting her head a little and jordans mouth dropped as she turned to her dad.

"you never told me you were friends with the bloody princess!" she cried, making both the adults laugh.

"well, i prefer to just be a witch, it's so much easier than being the trophy wife everyone expects of me." diana said, making jordan nod.

"so is your son a wizard?" jordan asked curiously and diana shook her head.

"thankfully no, that would've been very hard to explain." diana laughed before looking towards the dresses.

"oh right, dresses for that ball." jordan muttered and diana gave her a smile.

"i believe i'm going to be going as well so we can shop together." she said and jordan nodded.

"i'd really like that. i'm not too good with dresses, normally my friend daphne helps but she's been busy with this hufflepuff." jordan told her making diana laugh as they started going through dresses.

jerald watched the two with a smile, happy they were getting along as it was helping with his plan.

suddenly, his phone rang and he silently groaned as it was the office.

the two girls looked at him and jordan sighed.

"the office?" she asked and jerald nodded.

"i'm sorry, but they need me there." he said, pecking diana's cheek then pecking jordans forehead.

"alright, well we can manage without you, meet at luchianos for lunch?" diana asked and jerald nodded.

"alright, be safe." he said before apparating.

jordan sighed, diana's heart sinking for the girl.

"c'mon, we can have fun!" diana said, linking her arm with the girl.

jordan gave her a smile before looking back at the dresses.

"so what did you wear last year? i know narcissa always holds a christmas ball." diana asked as the two looked through some racks of red dresses.

"a black dress, but i'm thinking red this year but to be festive. my mother always though black was my best color." jordan explained and diana furrowed her perfect brows.

"it dulls your hair color, and makes you whiter. you would look good in anything jordan." diana said and jordan smiled, noticing the difference between the two women.

the two continued shopping before jordan pulled out a gorgeous, long, red dress that had a slit on the leg.

"oh that's stunning!" diana grinning, clasping her hands together.

"do you think it'll look good?" jordan asked and diana nodded.

"it'll look beautiful on you." she told the girl and jordan smiled, going to go try it on.

it hugged her curves enough to be noticed but not stared at, and complimented her skin tone very nicely.

"how do you like it?" diana called from the other side.

"it's amazing!" jordan called back and she heard diana laugh.

the two finished shopping quickly as it was getting close to lunchtime.

they bought some dresses and headed out, walking through london, trying to blend in but it didn't work very well.

"is that princess diana?" jordan heard someone ask as they hurried to the italian restaurant.

just as they got outside the restaurant, cameras started to flash and their names were being called.

"jordan! diana! any comment on why you two are together!" someone called and jordan rolled her eyes.

"no comment!" she yelled back as diana nodded along, the two girls hurrying into the restaurant to see jerald.

"god i hate the press. next thing you know, they're going to think somethings going on between the palace and your father company." diana said and jordan thought about it for a minute.

"wait, that wouldn't be the worst thing. if anyone asks, we could just say we're working together for your charity." jordan suggested and diana smiled.

"i very much like that idea." she said as they sat down with jerald. "jerry, your daughter is one of the brightest witches of the ages."

jerald smiled proudly. "yes, i'm very proud."