thirty two

"any unapproved clubs or groups will be punished!" umbridge said with a laugh one morning at breakfast.

jackie and jordan were sitting there, bored as usual, listening to the new school rules the ministry was trying to put out.

"that's bull-" a boy from hufflepuff said loudly but was shut up by his friends.

"still think having our own little club is a good idea?" jackie whispered to jordan and she shrugged.

"if we want to pass our exams then yes." jordan whispered back as dumbledore stood up.

"today is a hogsmeade day! please dress warmly as it's starting to get quite cold!" he said, dismissing the students.

jordan and jackie rolled their eyes at him.

"old fool, it's been cold for weeks now." jordan snarled and jackie turned to drag her out of the hall before she could cause a scene.

"so guys, any plans for hogsmeade today?" daphne asked cheerfully, coming up to the two girls.

"oh, not really. we're meeting with some students about tutoring." jordan said with a smile but unfortunately, draco and blaise heard them.

blaise looked at draco with a look. "don't you dare. they're just trying to help our house." he muttered but draco shook his head.

"it's against the rules blaise! i can't just let them do that." he whispered back harshly.

"are you really going to destroy what's left of your relationship with her over some rule breaking? it's not like you haven't broken the rules yourself mate." blaise said and draco shook his head.

"i can't disappoint my father." he said and blaise shook his head.

"just don't ruin this anymore with jordan. please." and with that, blaise left draco and went to hook his arm around daphne.

the two had become quite the pair over the past few weeks at school.

"so jj, the parents hosting the big jones christmas ball?" blaise asked with a grin.

jordan sighed and rubbed her temples. "i don't even want to think about that party. i hate it so much." she complained, making the girls and blaise laugh.

"it's always been so much fun though, plus it'll be nice not to be around these other houses." daphne said, turning her nose up slightly.

"yeah, but it's so traditional. sometimes i just want to sleep and be normal." jordan said and jackie nodded.

"tradition is the only reason i would ever date a boy. they're just so stinky." jackie said, her nose also turning up at the thought of dating a boy.

jordan just laughed and patted her on the back.

"come on, we have a hogsmeade tutoring session." jordan laughed, pulling jackie along to the common room.

the two girls got ready, jordan dressing fashionably as ever in a pair of stockings, a black skirt, a sweatshirt, and her black coat.

jackie dressed in some black slacks, a button down shirt with a vest.

"boots?" jordan asked, holding up her pair of muggle boots.

"yes. definitely." jackie agreed and jordan put them on while jackie put on her pair.

the girls headed downstairs and outside, catching a carriage with will and some of his friends.

"hey guys, i mean girls." will said awkwardly once the girls shut the door.

"hey will. hey guys." jordan said, giving them waves.

the boys all looked at the two girls as if they had never seen girls before.

"so who's coming?" jordan asked once the silence got too awkward for her.

"um, us a couple seventh years, some other fourth years, third years, and i think a first year." one of wills friends told her and she looked jackie with a confused look.

"what first year wants to do something like this?" she asked her and jackie shrugged.

"a dedicated one i guess?" she replied.

"i think it's cool that a first year wants to learn this stuff." a boy said, cutting into their conversation.

jackie and jordan looked at the boy before nodding.

"yeah that's true. anyways, we should meet there in thirty minutes after, at the clearing by the shrieking shack." jordan said firmly and all the boys nodded, the carriage coming to a stop.

"well see you there then." will said awkwardly and jordan nodded, getting out with jackie.

the two girls walked around for a little, stocking up on sweets and grabbing a butterbeer.

"i think we better go." jackie said, finishing her butterbeer as she checked her pocket watch.

"alright." jordan agreed, tossing down coins for their drinks.

the two left quickly and made their way to the quiet and dark section of the small town.

when they got to the clearing, they saw slytherin students from all different years, along with a ravenclaw student.

"welcome all." jordan said cooly, grabbing their attentions.

"you're jordan jones. you got like an outstanding on all your exams last year."a sixth year slytherin girl said and jordan nodded.

"yeah and i'm afraid of failing this year. and so much you all be as well. hence, why we're all here." jordan explained and the students nodded.

"it's not like we can protest the ministry. umbridge is still going to be here." the ravenclaw argued and jackie scoffed.

"with the potter curse, she'll be gone by the end of the year." jackie told them, most of the slytherins snickering.

"what's the potter curse?" a small voice asked and jordan looked to see margo, the first year they saved.

"for four years, potter has managed to get rid of all the dark arts teachers, therefore it's the potter curse." jordan explained, making slytherins nod.

there was a silence for a little before jackie spoke up. "so i know umbridge put a ban on clubs and sports and things, so we have to do it in secret."

"yeah, but potter has already got the room of requirement for his club." someone said and the two girls narrowed their eyes.

"well deal with that later, but for now we practice in the forbidden forest. there's a secluded clearing about a quarter kilometer east of the lake. we'll meet there starting friday after school." jordan explained and everyone nodded.

"now, there is no reason to suspect anyone will be telling umbridge or her minions about us, correct?" jackie asked, glaring at each one of the students.

there was a chorus of "no"'s making the girls grin.

"then good, be prepared friday. we won't be going very easy. no matter what, nothing gets back to any teachers." jordan spoke and one of wills friends spoke up.

"what about snape? if he notices half his house missing, he'll get suspicious." he asked and jordan paused, looking at jackie.

"he's your parents friend, you talk to him." jackie urged and jordan nodded.

"i will, for now, not a word. do you all swear?" jordan asked and the crowd nodded.

"good, because if you snitch, we will find out and hunt you down." she said, making jordan grin.

everyone was quiet so jordan took that as a good sign.

"anyways, go have fun! friday after class, don't forget." she said, clapping her hands together.

everyone mumbled before starting to head back to the village.

jackie and jordan looked at each other. "well i think this will be fun!"