fifty four

the day before the term ended, they staff held a funeral for their headmaster.

close to everyone was weeping, minus a few students.

jordan was, in fact, over the entire thing.

he was now a dead man, a dead, lying, screwed up, old man.

she wasn't even surprised when his brother didn't show up.

that night, when jordan came back to the dorm room, there was an owl and a letter sitting on her night table.

it was from draco.

she grinned smally as she sat on the bed and opened it.

it read;

dear jordan,

i miss you beyond what you know. mother has me locked away at our summer manor in italy, away from everyone. it was hard enough trying to get her to agree to let me write but she finally caved in.

when school lets out we should be going back to our home, but just in case we don't, i wanted to let you know i will be seeing you. our birthdays are close by so we can be able to apparate and use magic.

speaking of birthdays, what do you want? besides me of course.

i'll see you soon love.

d.m.

jordans smile grew as she read the letter, laughing a little at the last part.

she didn't even realize their birthdays were coming up.

they would be turning 17, they would be legal age.

it scared her.

before she could wallow in the past, the door burst open to reveal jackie and daphne.

"come on, we have a thing to do." daphne said, pulling her up.

they walked briskly through the common room, passing crabbe and goyle who were wallowing in self pity.

jordan frowned at them but continued on.

it wasn't long before they met up with cody, who gave jordan a tight hug.

"sorry jonesie." he said and she shrugged.

"what happens happens." jordan shrugged off and cody laughed.

"very true."

the four of them headed to the kitchens and then to the astronomy tower.

jordan didn't even want to know as soon as she saw the steps.

they continued up anyways and set up a little picnic at the top.

"what are we doing?" jordan asked finally once everyone was sitting down.

"well, the past couple of days have gotten me thinking. and i know we're safe to talk freely up here, so i thought we should make a plan." daphne said and jackie nodded.

"i agree, there's a war coming and we need a plan. what happens if one of us doesn't make it. i have parchment so we can write out letters and wills if something happens." jackie said, pulling out quills and parchment out of no where.

"this is insane." jordan said, sighing. "but you're right."

"so, i'm here to bare witness to what happens, i'm not coming back for the war." cody said and jordan nodded.

"thank you. i don't know what i would do if i lost you too." she said and cody smiled.

soon, the planning began.

"jordan where would you go? anywhere in the world?" daphne asked and jordan shrugged.

"paris or australia. i would change my hair and my name. maybe live in an apartment above my own coffee shop. or i would have a farm." jordan thought with a smile.

suddenly her mind was a million miles away from any war, or trouble, just her with her friends talking about the future like normal people.

"i would move into a flat in london honestly, or milan, somewhere close to the fashion and design world." daphne inputted and jordan saw cody hide a small smile.

he took the parchment from jackie and asked her the question.

"where would you go?"

jackie thought about it for a second before smiling, "new york. it's so busy there and it's such a big world. i could be who i want to be and not worry about people wanting to kill me or my friends, or my girlfriend."

jordan smiled happily at her friends, glad to be there with them.

"i have so many things to write about." daphne said, breaking everyone's train of thought.

"me too." jordan agreed, getting a quill and some parchment.

so she started writing. first, she wrote to her dad.

she wanted him to be happy, not to worry about her in death, but to carry on enjoying his life.

she also didn't want him to drown himself in work and spend time finding someone he could be happy with, someone that won't try to kill him.

secondly, she wrote to her friends. she brought daphne back to first year, speaking of the times they had and how much fun every day with her was.

she wrote jackie about how much she's glad they got along in fourth year, also bringing back memories of the yule ball which seems like ages ago.

she wrote to some slytherin friends, but she also wrote to amos diggory.

she wanted to let him know how glad she was for cedric, in life and death, how he helped her get through so many things.

and finally, she wrote to draco.

something withered inside her writing about their past, and what she wanted their future to be.

she knew, if he received this letter it wouldn't happen though.

to close it off, she decided to give him some truths. she wasn't going to be around forever, no matter how hard he wanted her to be. she told him she loved him to the stars and back, infinitely. and finally she told him she wants him to move on, she couldn't bare the thought of having him be lonely and miserable for the rest of his life, pining over some girl that was gone.

by the end of the letter, she was wiping away tears.

"i don't want to die." jackie whispered, finishing her letters as well.

"me neither." daphne agreed, folding hers to give to cody.

"no matter what happens, we'll be together someday." jordan whispered, trying not to let her voice crack.

"i don't want anything to happen though." jackie said, holding back a sob.

this was the first time ever jordan had ever seen her cry like this.

"i love you guys so much." daphne said, pulling them into a hug.

"i love you guys too. nothing will ever change that."