thirty four

the ride back was uneventful, besides jackie hexing pansy.

"jordan!" aurelia called for her daughter on the platform and the girl floated over.

"hello mother." jordan said, accepting a hug from the woman.

"my dear, you're looking a little big in the middle. are you dieting still?" aurelia asked and jordan inhaled sharply.

"i am, sticking to proteins and cutting out a lot." jordan told her and aurelia purses her lips.

"well, perhaps we can find a dress to fit your new figure." she said with a fake smile.

jordan sighed smally and looked around, catching the eye of narcissia.

"jordan dear, you look great." narcissia said, pulling lucius and draco along to talk to the jones'.

"thank you narcissia, you look timeless as per usual." jordan complimented, draco rolling his eyes subtly.

"thank you dear, are you excited for the ball?" the malfoy woman asked and before jordan could answer, aurelia cut in.

"we're both very excited, will draco be escorting jordan?" aurelia asked, casting a look between the two teens.

"yes he will." lucius said, putting a hand on dracos shoulder.

narcissia looked between the two, who were uncomfortable with their parents talking about it, and clapped her hands together.

"well i would love to take jordan out for a shopping trip for her dress, bella can come along as well!" she suggested and aurelia nodded, pleased with the idea.

"that would be very nice, thank you. i'll be too busy planning, i was going to have her go by herself, but it would be lovely if you went." aurelia agreed.

narcissia smiles at jordan, who was very pleased with the woman.

"well, i'm sure jordan is quite tired from the trip, perhaps we should head home. jerald is waiting to see his daughter." aurelia said and lucius nodded.

"we should as well, lots of things to discuss. we'll be seeing you soon." he said, everyone bidding each other goodbye as they left.

the ride back to the jones manor was a quiet one, jordan annoyed with her mother and thinking about things from school, mostly draco.

did she want to go to the ball? no. did she want to go to the ball with draco? absolutely not. was she willing to go because she got to spend time with her favorite women? yes.

draco confused her, just as much as she confused him.

of course, both of them were too stubborn to admit their flaws.

"jordan, we're here." aurelia said once the car stopped moving.

jordan sighed, getting out and letting the driver get her trunk and things.

"jordan!" jerald jones called from his office balcony.

"father!" jordan called with a giant smile on her face, rushing into the house to head to his office.

"jordan, my darling." jerald said with a smile, ignoring his company and hugging his daughter.

"i missed you father." jordan said as she let go.

"i missed you too, has your mother talked to you about the ball?" he asked and jordan nodded.

"yes, draco's supposed to be escorting me this year?" jordan asked and her father sighed.