{3}

t h r e e
A v e r l y n
p r o m i s e

Working for the BAU is different but better than what I expected it to be like. You almost never have nothing to do and that's great for my tapping. Everyone works together to share ideas and create a profile, and now I'm editing theirs. "You'd think Godwin was the narcissist, but he's not. Believe it or not, because I'm having trouble believing a great team like you could get it all wrong but you have. Godwin and Morlace are nothing alike." I say bluntly, not looking anyone in the eye. I know they think they can't trust me, but within the short time I've spent here I've started to trust someone. Jeniffer Jareau is the only person I trust right now. "So I'm saying I think you have to make two different profiles. You find Morlace, you find Godwin." I give Spencer, who's glancing over at me examining the evidence board every so often, a small smile which he returns.

"Morlace is the narcissist. Like I told Agent Jareau, he's the one that dumps the bodies. Only God knows what he does with them when he is alone." I mutter, to which Spencer pipes up.

"We could be dealing with a necrophiliac. Due to there being so much sexual assault, it's hard to determine if it was done post and anti mortem or just before they were all murdered." Spencer tears his eyes away from the whiteboard he's been working at and turns to the team who are all patiently waiting for him to say something else. "Necrophiliacs can be narcissistic and proud of what they've done. The actual corpses are what get them off. They may be unable to find themselves in an actual relationship." It fits Morlace.

"Alright, and what about Godwin?" Alex Blake asks, perching herself on the edge of the nearest table.

"He acts like the leader. He's older, I think 32 or 33. He's strong, men like Godwin won't go down without a fight, trust me." Rossi nods, taking mental notes. "If he goes down, he's gonna wanna take someone down with him." Seriousness is all that's left around the room until Derek Morgan speaks up.

"So all this is just a suicide game to these guys?" I nod, "do you know why they do this to these women?" He wants to know if Godwin had a motive. For killing all those women, of course he does. Godwin got off on seeing them suffer, Morlace loved them dead. Except Agent Morgan wants to know why he loves it so much.

I hesitate to answer, unable to look him in the eyes, I answer, "I don't know. I was just an accomplice to him. A slave. He never confessed to me why he did it." I say with confidence. Derek Morgan doesn't question further, but I receive a questioning glance from Spencer.

"So we have a necrophiliac and a tough guy, with no motive that stands out. It's definitely overkill, the idea of torture like these victims have been through shows some real anger." David Rossi says, meeting me at the evidence board.

"Not really. Godwin was never angry when he hurt them. He was... in a good mood. It's like... he got high off of seeing them suffer." Everyone falls silent and that's when we all realise how badly they profiled this case. I have to stop myself perking up to rub it in their face, instead I turn back around to the evidence board and let my fingers trace one of the crime scene photos. "What's this?" I ask, pointing to an item laying on the floor of a crime scene.

"Rope. When we saw it at the crime scene for the first time we thought it was just used to tie her wrist and legs. It wasn't. One of your guys are into something much more than necrophilia." Rossi mutters before we all get distracted by an officer jolting into the conference room we're in.

"Agent Hotchner. There's another body. Her name is Alyssa Buttons." The young officer rushes out.

"Alright, take us to the crime scene. Derek get Garcia to dig up everything she can on Alyssa Buttons." Hotch breathes, starting to order his team around.