{7} S&M

s e v e n
A v e r l y n
s & m

I'm looking in the mirror at my hotel room when my phone rings and jolts me out of my daydream. I don't look as dirty as I did a few weeks ago, but I don't look the same as I ever did. My mother used to say I had a sparkle in my eye, I don't see it anymore. Maybe I never did. I grab the phone from the nightstand and answer the call. It's Hotchner. "Hotch?"

"Averlyn, Derek Morgan is going to pick you up to get to Quantico, he's coming back from one of the talk groups. Meet him outside your hotel alright?" After I agree, I hang up and change quickly into something suitable. Do they have a lead? My phone starts to ring again a few minutes later once I've finished changing.

"Derek, I'm coming out right now." I hang up without letting him speak, I want to get to my temporary work space as soon as possible. There's one question still echoing in my head. Do they have a lead? I grab my hotel keycard, a jacket and rush out the door, waving to all the hotel staff as I went. Derek Morgan is waiting outside in a black SUV with JJ. I climb into the back and give them small greetings. The radio is playing quietly and Derek is nodding his head to the music. "How are you both?" It's not the real question I want to ask, but I have to build up to it.

"I'm great, I could do with some warm coffee though. This is still burning my throat, Derek how can you drink yours?" JJ gasps, turning in her seat to roll her eyes at Derek. Derek in return, takes a sip of his coffee, grabs the other cup in the holder and passes it back to me. "Oh yeah, coffee for you, too." I take the cardboard cup eagerly and take a small sip. It burns my tongue but I hold off the power to wince and instead, bask in the taste of hot coffee.

"Are there any leads?" I ask, leaning forward in my seat. Derek glances behind his seat and shakes his head. The car soon goes silent. "How come I didn't have to go to the BAU when you guys did?"

"Spencer thought it would help if you got an extra few hours sleep. Have you been sleeping well?" I lie to him and nod. When we get to the BAU, Spencer, Hotch, Rossi, Alex and Penelope are all waiting for us. I take a seat next to Spencer and offer him my coffee. He shakes his head and gestures to his own mug of coffee.

"Your loss." I smirk and poke his arm before everyone takes their seats and listens to Hotch.

"Here's what we know. More people fit our profile in the couples group, we didn't profile our third un-sub to have a significant other but it's worth a shot. They only allow 20's to 30's, but we've been invited to sit in a session and observe for ourselves. Derek and JJ, Spencer and Avery you can go to the group and observe. There are quite a few participants which is why there are four of you going. If any else news comes up we will drag you out of it, don't worry otherwise." I glance at Spencer and raise my eyebrows. How fun, not how I imagined spending my day.

———

"Of course I'm coupled up with Derek. It seems like an obscure episode of the Bachelor." Derek chuckles, turning a right as we near the group location.

"I didn't even realise I would be spending my day in a group talk coupled with Spencer. I woke up and got lucky." I smirk at Spencer who discreetly rolls his eyes. He obviously doesn't want to be here. "Tough luck for you buddy, your stuck with me."

"What do we talk about in this thing anyway? Choking? Being tied up? Speaking from experience." I mutter, "seriously though, shall I just make some stuff up?"