Chapter Thirty-Nine

Sydney glances over her brother as he stands before her. He's older. Which obviously is a given. It's been a long time. But he looks as old as she feels. His eyes are watching her too, studying her. Making note of the fact that she is a lot younger in appearance than she is supposed to be.

"Looks like I wasn't the only one to go dark, huh?" He asks her, suddenly smirking. "Wow...who would have seen that one coming? Daddy's little princess all fangs and hunger" The veins creep up under her eyes and she shrugs a little.

"I'm not someone you really want to fight" She offers. "So..." She shrugs and pulls a face. "Let's just get this over with. We'll fight. You'll lose...."

"You have some nerve" He counters, she rolls her eyes a little. "You think you can just walk back into my life..."

"Let me guess, I disappointed you..." She reaches up and touches her eye, drawing it down into a mock tear. "Made you sad?" He glares at her. Knows what she is trying to do. She wants him to fight her so she can have an excuse to punch him into unconsciousness, he can read her well enough. Can still read her, after all this time. She's predictable. "Mad?" She asks as she steps closer to him. "Hurt your feelings?" She pouts at him and smirks. "You were always such a needy little boy" He growls and steps closer to her now. "Go on" She whispers. "Let it out...come on..." He goes to hit her, but she grabs his wrist and spins him around, throwing him down onto the ground with some force. She presses her knee into his back and holds up her hand, Sam, now conscious, throws the handcuffs towards her and she catches them, snaps them down around Dean's wrists with a smirk. "So easy to read," She tells him as she stands and hauls him up with her.

..........

Outside the bar, Dean is handcuffed to the back seat of the impala, something Sydney is surprised is still around considering its age. Sam and Crowley stand outside the car talking together. Sam has the First Blade in his hands.

"A pleasure doing business," Crowley tells him.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Sam asks.

"Toss it into a volcano, leave it on the Moon. I'll get creative. Believe me, I don't want Dean getting his hands on the precious any more than you do. Your brother knows I ratted. He tends to hold a grudge. I don't want to get...Boned" Sam hands over Dean's blade to Crowley.

"This doesn't make us square. If I see you again...." Sam threatens Crowley who waves it off, not at all taking the threat seriously.

"Oh, stop it, Samantha. No one likes a tease."

"Speak for yourself" Sydney teases as she walks towards them.

"My, my, my" Crowley greets as he looks over Sydney. "Where have you been hiding this creature?"

"This is our sister" Sam answers. "Syd"

"I know who she is" Crowley argues. "No one ever said she was a monster"

"Charmed, I'm sure" Sydney states as she folds her arms over her chest. "You're the demon, right?" She asks, Crowley hums and nods in agreement.

"What are you two talking about?" Sam asks the two of them.

"Your sister" Crowley answers. "She's a vampire" Sydney smirks a little and shrugs in agreement as Sam looks at her.

"Well...that was bound to come out at some point...." She offers. "You've had your ups and downs over the years, Sam...I've had mine" She nods to the car. "Shall we?"

........

Sam climbs into the impala, Dean's eyes on Sydney as she buckles herself into the side passenger seat, then rests her hands in her lap. She knows what is coming from Sam. She can read it all over his face without having to look into his mind.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Sam asks as he starts the car, Sydney turns to him and gives him a look. "The vampire thing" He points out.

"Technically I'm a Strigoi, a...." She cocks her head. "Brother species of the vampire....so get it right and...It was none of your business" She counters and looks at him. "This is my curse to bear. My problem, and something I have been dealing with for a very long time...."

"How long?" Sam asks her, she hums, thinking and then lets out a breath.

"Ten...yeah, ten years" She answers. "And before you ask...no, I've never fed from a human...." She is quick to point out. "I survive off of blood bags from hospitals....or animals. Depending on what I have access to" She waves with her hand.

"And the sun?" Sam asks. "How do you...?"

"I found a way around it" She offers cryptically whilst spinning the ring on her finger. "Anything else?" She asks him. He clutches to the wheel and shakes his head.

"Not right now" He whispers. He knows that the vampire thing can't be why she left as that was sixteen years ago. This happened after she left. And by a few years. He feels like he barely knows who she is now. And he hates that. She's his big sister and there is barely any relationship here. He doesn't want to think about how Dean is going to react, the real Dean, is going to react to Sydney being back, and being a vampire. Dean isn't exactly pro-monster at the best of times. Sydney glances at Dean in the back, he smirks a little and she rolls her eyes.