Powers, Abilities, and Weaknesses

Syd possesses all of the standard powers of a Strigoi but to slightly stronger proportions because she was turned by the alpha. Because of their lower numbers, Syd is actually currently the strongest female Strigoi alive and one of the strongest Strigoi in the world.

The supernatural forces that sustain Strigoi also endow them with superhuman physical abilities as well as powers of mind control. Their physical abilities such as strength, speed, agility, durability, healing, and senses all grow stronger with age and experience. Strigoi who feed on animal blood will not be as powerful as those who feed on human blood. Human blood is also known to increase the speed of healing when ingested by a Strigoi after being seriously wounded.

Super Strength: Strigoi are noticeably much stronger than hunters, vampires, werewolves and humans and slowly grow stronger as they grow older. They always have the advantage of superior strength in direct combat with a human. Even new Strigoi who are still in transition can toss an average-size, fully-grown human across a room with great speed and force. Their other feats include single-handedly lifting grown men high off the ground by the throat and snapping their necks, cutting off a person's head with their bare hands, and ripping out internal organs such as hearts with little to no effort. Their strength allows them to jump higher and further than any natural creature. Strigoi who feed on humans are stronger than those who feed on animal blood. Although noted that a Strigoi strength enhances with age, it can also be noted that the emotional status of the Strigoi takes a toll on the strength.

Super Speed: Strigoi are much faster than hunters, vampires, werewolves and humans. Strigoi can accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, usually faster than the human eye can see. When running across long distances, they appear as vibrating blurs of motion allowing them to appear or vanish quickly and quietly. Their reflexes and dexterity are similarly heightened, allowing them to catch certain projectiles such as arrows and thrown stakes in the air with ease. Like their strength, their speed also increases with age.

Super Agility: Strigoi possess super-human agility. They have shown that they can move quickly, jump very high, climb, and run incredibly fast without difficulty or exhaustion. Strigoi can jump with their super speed too. Strigoi that feed on human blood can jump much higher than Strigoi that feed on animal blood. This ability also increases with age.

Super Senses: Strigoi have extremely keen senses of hearing, sight, smell, and taste that far exceed those of hunters, vampires, werewolves and humans. They can hear whispered conversations, even ones in far of buildings and on phones, though most Strigoi typically learn how to tune out most ambient noises when it's not necessary to hear them. Dracula told Syd that Strigoi can turn their enhanced hearing off, which explains why they can occasionally miss auditory warnings (such as the footsteps of approaching enemies) when they're paying attention to other things. Strigoi can also smell blood from several meters away, and see in total darkness. These senses improve and grow stronger with age and experience. Their senses of taste are also enhanced as well, allowing them to detect the presence of drugs, alcohol, or vervain in someone's blood.

Super Durability: Strigoi can take a great amount of physical damage without being slowed down. Even Strigoi who have been shot with wooden bullets, which have a weakening effect on Strigoi, have been seen to continue fighting so long as they were not shot in the heart or the head. Strigoi still react to physical force in a human manner, particularly young Strigoi, who will occasionally be affected even by human-strength-level force. Strigoi can also still be stunned and dazed by strikes and trauma, though their tolerance for it will increase as they get older.

Healing Factor: Strigoi recover tissue from any form of physical damage to their bodies within seconds, though they still feel the pain of a wound before it heals. Strigoi can snap their bones back into place after they have been broken and have been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement very quickly, so long as they had consumed a regular diet of human blood prior to the injury. Those Strigoi who feed on animals will still heal much faster than a human, but their injuries, especially severe ones, will take much longer to heal than a Strigoi who feeds on human blood. Also, a Strigoi's enhanced healing is limited to physical damage to their bodies—many forms of magical damage and psychological damage are beyond its capability. Strigoi cannot grow back body parts, though they can reattach the severed limb with some effort.