Chapter Forty-One

Sydney still sits on the ground with Dean, his arms still around her. She's a little more worried now because he won't let her go. The last thing she remembers they were in some restaurant. She, Sam, Dean, and Death. They were talking about sending Dean away. Dean was going to kill them so they wouldn't find a way to bring them back.....but...then Death is dead. And...she can't remember anything else after that. She frowns and looks around because this is not a restaurant, this is some floral gardens.

"What happened?" She whispers, he pulls back and brushes his knuckles over her cheek. "Where are we?"

"Urm...what do you remember?" He asks her, she frowns and shakes her head.

"We...were at a restaurant with Death...." Dean's eyes widening, she has no idea about the last year.

"That was a year ago," He tells her, she just frowns harder. "You don't remember anything....?" She shakes her head. "Oh, boy" Dean whispers to himself and then takes a breath. He has to tell her everything. He has to tell her about Amara.

............

Sydney is not sure what to do with it all. All that information. All that pain. Everything she went through and had no idea she was going through it. She runs her fingers through her hair as Dean watches her. Waiting for her to catch up. She nods a little and then holds out her hand to him.

"Help me up," She tells him, unsure if she is going to be steady on her feet. She feels too weak. Which now makes sense. Amara obviously wasn't feeding her properly. Just enough to keep her body going. Dean helps Sydney up to her feet, she stumbles a little into his side. His arm wraps around her and keeps her upright. "I'm going to need to feed" She mumbles. He hums in agreement. "I feel like I haven't eaten in weeks"

"Let's just get out of here first, find a car or something," He tells her.

.........

Dean is walking through a wooded area with Sydney. Both lost. Both confused. Amara could have at least teleported them home again after everything. That would have made everything so much easier.

"Come on. Where the hell are we?" He keeps an arm around Sydney as he holds up his phone in an effort to get a signal. Sydney frowns a little when she hears a woman's voice through the trees.

"Help!" Sydney turns her head and looks through the trees trying to find the source. "Help me!"

"Dean" Sydney starts. "There's someone out there"

"And we need to get out of here" He argues, trying to pull her along.

"Dean" She stops him. "They need help...." He closes his eyes and sighs before nodding.

"Okay, okay...let's go" She gives him a thankful smile and they head off into the trees in search of the source of the voice.

........

Sydney leads Dean after the sound, tracking it across the terrain until they come to a clearing. Mary Winchester is standing there in her white nightgown. Dean's breath catches as Sydney manages to stand on her own, she curls an arm around her stomach.

"Mom?" Dean asks. Mary kind of just stares at the two of them. Studying them. Dean moves closer to her, tentatively reaches out for Mary, to check that she is actually standing here. But Mary grabs his arm and throws him to the ground, pressing her foot on his neck to hold him down.

"Hey!" Sydney warns not really sure if she has it in her to attack what appears to be her mother.

"Ohh!" Dean complains.

"Where am I? Who the hell are you two?" Mary asks, Dean shares a look with Sydney. She steps closer to Mary.

"I'm Sydney....that's Dean....we're your kids" Sydney answers. "Your twins"

"No. My twins are 4 years old." Mary argues, Sydney nods.

"Yeah...we were....when you died." Sydney corrects, her voice breaking a little. Mary lets Dean go and gasps as she remembers. Sydney moves to Dean who nods at her. Letting her know he's okay.

"Mom. Listen to me. Your name – your name is Mary Sandra Campbell, okay? You were born December 5, 1954, to Samuel and Deanna Campbell. Your father, he bounced around a lot for, uh, work, and you bounced right along with him, and you ended up in Lawrence, Kansas" Dean explains, trying to help her, trying to prove he and Sydney are who they say they are.

"How do you know all that?" Mary asks.

"Dad told me. March 23, 1972, you walked out of a movie theatre – Slaughterhouse-Five. You loved it, and you bumped into a big Marine and you knocked him flat on his ass. You were embarrassed, and he laughed it off, said you could make it up to him with a cup of coffee. So, you went to, uh, Mulroney's and you talked and he was cute and he knew the words to every Zeppelin song, so when he asked you for your number, you gave it to him, even though you knew your dad would be pissed. That was the night that – that you met...."

"John Winchester."

"August 19, 1975, you were married... in Reno. Your idea. A few years later, we came along, then Sammy" Dean continues, his hand clutching to the back of Sydney's dress.

"And then I burned. How long have I been gone?"

"33 years." Mary steps closer to them, a hand reaching out to touch Dean's cheek, her other hand coming up to cup Sydney's face.

"Dean...Sydney" Mary whispers staring at the two of them.

"Hi, Mom" Sydney greets, her voice breaking. Slowly, Mary hugs the two of them tightly, a stricken expression on the twin's faces.