Chapter Fifty-Two

The man held by Sydney struggles against her hold as she keeps him up against the wall. Bucky checks the now-dead second guy for any weapons, just in case. These guys seem to have a habit of coming back according to the two brothers and they don't want to get caught short. Above them, Sam leans over the railing to look down at them.

"Syd!" Sam yells down the stairs. Sydney snaps her head up and drops the body in her hand. "She ran!" Sydney growls a little and then takes a breath. She's faster than them all, so her going after the girl is the best option. She pulls the struggling guy from the wall and throws him down. Bucky sets a foot on his chest to stop him from getting up.

"Go" Bucky assures her. "I got this" He adds. Sydney takes a deep breath and then vamp-speeds away from him.

......

In the parking lot under the building, Sydney walks back towards her brothers. She couldn't find Ellie. Meaning someone likely grabbed her the second she left the building. Literally probably as soon as she stepped out. Meaning that there were more men waiting. Those two that they caught were probably the equivalent of scouts.

"I couldn't find her" Sydney admits, Dean turns a look on her.

"You're a vampire" He reminds her.

"Oh, I'm sorry...who was supposed to be keeping an eye on her?" She counters and walks past him. "And the boy?" She asks him. Dean rolls his eyes. They lost both the girl and the boy in the same instance. Whilst Dean, Sam, and Natasha had their backs turned looking for Ellie, Christopher snuck out. It's embarrassing really. Probably more so for Natasha. Sam holds up his phone to show his siblings.

"She's still not picking up" He tells them.

"Awesome" Dean comments dryly and gives Sydney a look as if this is all her fault. She shakes her head, annoyed by him and his attitude. She knows it isn't all about what just happened, because he's been pissy with her since Bucky turned up.

"Maybe she got spooked" Sam points out.

"Well, isn't running a whole thing with her?" Dean grumbles and then nods to the Impala as he walks towards it. Sydney turns to Sam.

"Where's Bucky and Natasha?" She asks him.

"They've gone to a diner up the road, we'll meet them there" Sam tells her, she nods a little and goes to follow after Dean only for Sam to stop her with a hand on her arm. She frowns up at him a little. "I know, Syd, about what he is to you and I am all for it, but Dean is going to be a problem"

"I know" Sydney agrees with a sigh. "Push come to shove, Bucky won't make me choose" She points out. "He knows what happened last time and he knows how it made me feel....he won't put that on me again" Sam looks at her sadly, understanding what she's saying. That if it comes down to him or her brothers, Bucky won't let her make the choice, he'll leave rather than put that on her. And Sam knows that that will be just as bad. That might kill her. Because she loves Bucky. More than she loved that boy all those years ago. And if she ever deserved a chance at happiness, it is now, after everything Amara put her through. Even Bucky deserves a shot at happiness, with everything Sydney has told them about him. Poor boy has been through enough.

"If it comes down to it" Sam counters. "You should go with Bucky" Sydney shakes her head and gives him a sad smile.

"Dean'll never forgive me if I leave again" She points out. "Plus where can we go where we'll have a normal life....I'll never grow old and Bucky's been all over the news for years now" Sam gives her a sad look, but she's right. Normality will be elusive for her and Bucky. They can never have children. They will have to move every five to ten years. They will never be able to settle and grow old together. And one day, Sydney will lose Bucky to time and by then, she will be alone, because Sam and Dean will likely be long gone too. Life will never have a happily ever after for her.

"Hey, come on!" Dean snaps a little as he leans back out of the car. Sydney gives Sam a sad smile before she moves to the car. Sam watches her sadly knowing who his sister used to be, how hopeful and full of life she used to be, how excited she was to grow up and fall in love and have her own family. John and vampirism ruined that for her. Broke her.