Chapter Forty-Two

Sydney leads the way into the Bunker when she, Dean, and Mary arrive. They had spent time going through the truth and facts with Mary to get her to understand what is going on. It took a while. And Sydney is now actually starving. She curls her arm around her middle and wrinkles her nose. She's never felt this hungry before.

"You live here?" Mary asks them.

"Yeah, when we're not on the road. It's an old Men of Letters bunker." Dean answers

"Men of Letters? Yeah. They're a myth. An old Hunter's story" Mary argues.

"Not so much" Sydney mumbles, rubbing her thigh.

"New duds look good." Dean offers Mary. Sydney suddenly stiffens, sniffing at the air. "Syd?" Dean asks, she sniffs the air again before disappearing at vamp-speed. Mary gasps in surprise. "Yeah, should have started with that" Dean grumbles to himself.

"Dean!" Sydney yells, causing Mary and Dean to hurry into the library where they find Sydney. There are several large splatters of blood on the floor where Sydney is crouching.

"That's blood." Mary points out.

"Yeah" Dean agrees and shares a look with Sydney. She touches the blood and then brings her fingers to her nose. She sniffs at it, her face changing into her vampire face as she scents it. She is quick to pull her fingers away from her face.

"It's Sam's" She informs Dean. Dean then removes his gun and cocks it as Sydney stands, wiping her fingers on her dress. Dean hands Mary another gun.

"Take this. Stay here" Dean tells Mary who nods. Dean and Sydney share a look before she disappears at vamp-speed

.......

Mary moves around checking out a book open on the table. She hears a door open and close and she hides behind a pillar as the footsteps approach her. She then bursts out of cover to find Castiel, only she has no idea who he is to her children.

"Hands in the air. Get on your knees" She threatens with the gun. Castiel looks at her confused.

"Who are you, and where is Sam?" He asks.

"Hands, now" She demands. Dean rushes back into the room to find Mary facing off with Castiel.

"Whoa! It's okay. It's okay. He's a friend, all right?" He tells Mary as Sydney returns to the room. "Hey, Cas" Dean greets. A relieved Castiel steps forward and embraces Dean tightly. Sydney smiles softly at the two of them.

"Dean" Castiel whispers. "Dean!" He shouts, louder when he realises that he is really here.

"Hey" Castiel then hugs Dean tightly. The two men clutching to one another. "Okay. Alright," Dean pats Castiel's back.

"Dean" He whispers and then pulls back. "You're alive?"

"Yeah" Dean agrees.

"What about the bomb and the Darkness? What happened?" He then notices Sydney who waves her fingers at him. "Sydney" He steps closer to her. "You are...you?" She hums and nods.

"Yeah, I'm okay..." She assures him. "Where is Sam?" She asks him.

"He's not here" Castiel answers. Mary cocks her head, studying Castiel.

"Are you a hunter?" She asks him.

"No, I'm an angel" Castiel states at the same time that Dean offers. "He's an angel"

"Come again?" Mary asks and looks at Sydney for elaboration.

"An Angel" Sydney offers. "With a capital 'A'. You know, wings, harp"