Chapter 17

Lily, Alice, and Mars were dragging me to a costume and dress shop called Spirit Haven & Disguises. Dorcas was behind us while Andy was chuckling at my distress in being dragged around. Cissy had joined us too without Bella knowing, we were going to get her a costume too. Cissy was a little away from Dorcas.

     "Why did I have to be dragged along with her", Dorcas said pointing at Mary.

     "What did she ever do to you", I said.

     "Nothing, she nevermind-", Dorcas said madly.

     Mary had a hurt look on her face but I gave her a reassuring smile.

     When we entered Spirit Haven & Disguises there were rows and rows of costumes broken up into sections. A woman with graying silver hair pinned onto a low bun and a good amount of wrinkles, she had a kind smile on her face and she was wearing sapphire blue robes.

     "Hello and welcome to Spirit Haven & Disguises, I am Ms. Bluebell, how can I be a help today", she said kindly.

     "Well, I planned a Halloween party and we need costumes", I said.

     "Ah yes, I heard, the Masquerade won't be much of a help then", Ms. Bluebell said.

     Mars looked around and her eyes lit up, she took Dorcas's hand and dragged her towards a section, "Dorcas we should do the couple costume thing".

     "Frank said that he would make the best Frankanstian so I'm going to be the Bride of Frankenstein", Alice said heading to the normal Halloween costume section.

     "What's Frankenstein", Cissy asked.

     "It's a typical muggle costume", Mary said.

     "Oh okay", Cissy said walking off to search for a costume.

     "Ever since you mentioned the Halloween Party, I have been wanting to be the Evil Queen", Lily said.

     "Okay let's head to the Disney Villans section", I said.

     Lily and I went to the Disney Villan section where we found Cissy holding up a Maleficent costume.

     "Oh hey, do you think, that this um, whatever it is will work for Bella", Cissy asked.

     "Definitely, that's Maleficent, by the way, a Disney villain that puts Princess Aurora to sleep for 100 years", Lily explained.

     "There is a spell for that", Cissy asked confused.

     "No, it's just a kids story and a movie, a moving picture", I said.

     "Hey Thal's look what I found", Andy yelled from somewhere.

     I followed her voice and found her holding a Minnie Mouse costume. She looked up when I got closer to her.

     "Isn't this the Minnie Mouse thing you told me about", Andy asked.

     "Uh, yeah why", I asked.

     "Um...she's kinda weird", Andy said laughing. "Anyway, I have no idea what to be".

     "Hm, with your pale since and black hair I think you would be a great Snow White", I said.

     "Uh, which one of these is Snow White", Andy said gesturing to the Disney heroes and princesses.

     "This one", I said holding up the blue and yellow dress with a red headband.

     "I'll go try it on", Andy said walking into the changing room.

     I waited for her to come out. From another stall, Mary came out wearing a Bloody Mary costume. She saw me and twirled.

     "I think this is the one I'm going for but does it look like it fits me", Mary asked.

     "Yeah, perfect, you should get it", I said giving a thumbs up.

     "What are you going to be", Mary asked from inside the stall.

     "Well I want to be one of my role models but I can't seem to find anything that looks like or represents her", I said.

     "Well who is it", Andy said coming out of her stall.

     "Well first, Snow White suits you, and two, it's Queen Boudica of the Iceni", I said, she was the daughter of Zeus when the Greek Gods and Goddesses lived in Greece but she was born in England, makes her my dead half-sister.

     I shuddered thinking of that.

     "Who", Andy asked.

     "Boudicca is known for being a warrior queen of the Iceni people, in 60–61 CE she led the Iceni and other peoples in a revolt against Roman rule, but they were defeated", I said, I guess the Greeks and Romans hated each other even if they weren't demigods.

     "Wow that's cool", Mary said coming out holding her costume.

     "Yeah, I am going to buy this Snow White costume, who is she anyway", Andy asked.

     Mary answered, "In the muggle fairytales Snow White was known as the fairest of them all, her step-mother the Evil Queen was jealous so she ordered her huntsman to kill her, her didn't kill her and told her to run away where the 7 dwarfs found her and took care of her".

     I continued, "When the Evil Queen found out she turned herself ugly and gave Snow White a poisoned apple when Snow White ate the apple she was put into a deep sleep until Prince Florian gave her a true loves kiss".

     "How was it true love kiss if they just met", Andy asked.

     "I think that they met before or something", Mary said.

     "Okay well if you 2 are ready let's find the others", I said.

     "You aren't going to get something", Andy asked.

     "I'll see if I can make something or I might just get permission from Dumbledore to come back here", I said kinda disappointed. 

     "Okay", Andy said.

     We met up with the others, it had been a long day. It was almost night time, we had spent a good few hours here. Mars got a devil and angel costume for her and Fabien. Dorcas had Shrek and Fiona with her for Gideon and herself. Alice had the Frankenstein and Bride that she wanted. Cissy had Aurora for herself and Maleficent for Bella. Lily had the Evil Queen that she wanted.

     After everyone paid, Ms. Bluebell asked, "Honey didn't you get anything".

     "No I couldn't find what I wanted", I said.

     "I'm terribly sorry that you couldn't find anything you liked", Ms. Bluebell said sadly.

     "It's fine, everything is nice but it doesn't have what I am looking for", I said apologetically.

     She smiled.

     We all went our respective ways. Andy, Cissy, and I headed to Hogwarts to our dormitory. Tomorrow was the party and I still didn't have anything to wear. I had a feeling that I would get my costume tomorrow though.

     Sorry if there are any mistakes, my Grammarly that comes on here disappeared and I can't find it. I hope you'll like the costumes the pictures are going to be in the next chapter. If you haven't already, vote, comment, and add to your reading list!