Chapter 66

"Argh," I yelled while throwing a fireball right at its target making it burst into flames.

     "High-five," Hephaestus said cheering with me.

     I jumped up and smacked my palm with his since he was a foot taller than me. Even in his human-sized form, he towered over me.

     "That was good, didn't know you would be a good teacher," Hera said strutting into the training field.

     I rolled my eyes at her, "Of course, he is, unlike you who sits beside my father like a "gold-digger" acting as if you deserve it demanding for everything. Hephaestus works for anything he wants or makes it himself, it's called hard work, something you don't possess." 

     I saw Hephaestus smirk from the corner of my eye.

     "Do you have any sense of what you are saying child," Hera screamed?

     "Hera please leave, you are disturbing a training session and I'm sure that Lord Zeus would be mad if he found out," Hephaestus said patiently and respectfully.

      After what Hera had done to him when he was young, Hephaestus was always respectful towards her when they had to talk to each other. 

      "I'm your mother," Hera said angrily.

      Well, she never wanted to be his mother when he was born. Mother my ass, Thetis way so much better.

     "I have no mother," Hephaestus quoted from when he was young.

     "Excuse me," Hera said with fake offense.

     She really didn't care. 

     "You heard what he said, you wouldn't want my father to embarrass you in front of everyone," I said having enough of her being straight up rude to Hephaestus.

     "Now that you're in his life, he never listens to me," Hera said pointing an angry finger at me.

     "I suggest you remove that finger away from me before I bite it off," I threatened.

     "You psychotic bitch," Hera muttered. 

     "Only for you," I teased with a wicked smile.

     "What's going on here," Zeus's voiced loudly with authority. 

     "You're daughter is being a bitch towards me."

     "She started it, father you know how much she hates me."

      Hera and I said together but I added in some fake tears along with what I said. Even if I didn't add in the fake tears my father would've still been on my side.

     "Hera look at what you did, you make her cry," Zeus screamed at her with fury.

     "She's faking it," Hera argued.

     "I don't care if she is fake crying, she is obviously fake crying but you still did something to her that made her need to fake cry so therefore it's your fault," Zeus said.

     "Are you serious, I'm your wife," Hera screeched.

     "And Aster is my daughter," Zeus said.

     Zeus then rushed over to me and hugged me and checked to see if I was hurt. I had been trying to be a better father for the past week so I was used to this by now.

     "Urgh," Hera yelled and stomped away.

     "Um we must get back to training, this is her last training with me before she goes off to train with Posiden," Hephaestus said cutting in awkwardly.