viii. out of time

"GROSS

       "GROSS." MADI COMMENTS as Kya cleans Octavia's wounds.

"Madi." Kya warns, looking toward the young girl before turning back to Octavia. "The infection's passing. But this is gonna hurt. Are you sure you don't want Jackson?"

"Jackson's tending to Indra and the others in medbay. Just do it." Octavia replies, taking a deep breath as Kya places a cloth covered in alcohol on her bloody arm.

"Madi's a big fan." Kya comment glancing towards her girls. "They both are. They've heard every story about the girl under the floor who saved the human race."

"Now what's your story? You survived six years of radiation?" Octavia arches an eyebrow towards the girls, letting a small smile pass on her face as she zeros in on Eden. "I know how you did it, little one, but what's your secret?"

Her question towards Madi causes the girl's smile to drop as Kya stiffens slightly. Both girls had been born with nightblood, but Eden posed no threat to Octavia seeing as she wasn't a true nightblood, Madi on the other hand. "Synthetic nightblood, like me." Kya speaks up. "I took her to Becca's lab and shared my bone marrow to keep her alive."

"You're lucky Kya found you." Octavia drawls, turning from the redhead back to Madi.

"Ready to move?" Cooper interrupts their conversation, entering the room.

"She needs another day's rest." Kya answers for Octavia.

"She needs to be with her people." Cooper rebuts.

"I'm done licking my wounds. Let's go remind the others what we promised them." Octavia announces before walking over to the girls. Kya watches with narrowed eyes as she takes their hands, talking in Trig. "Kom the ashes osir will rise." (From the ashes we will rise.)

Once Octavia and Cooper leave and it's just Madi, Kya, and Eden in the room Madi steps forward, a smile on her face. "Octavia's such a badass. I wish we didn't have to lie to her."

"Hey." Kya mumbles, placing her hands on Madi's shoulders. "We've talked about this. We have to lie to everyone to keep you safe. If the grounders find out what you are, some of them might try to replace Octavia with you. I can't have you caught up in a power struggle, especially during a war."

-

"This is a private meeting." Miller steps in front of the group as Kya, Clarke, Bellamy, and Monty walk into the room. Though their reunion had been small Kya had missed Clarke greatly, the women were like sisters and they had never been apart for so long, even when they were inprisoned on the Ark they hadn't been separated for more than three years.

"It's fine." Octavia cuts him off.

"Listen, Octavia." Kya sighs, knowing they were talking about what the next step in getting the valley back would be. "We all have people in that valley that need our help."