xxxvi. go float yourself

"THANK GOD FOR the Flame

"THANK GOD FOR the Flame. Doubt they'd serve us saji bowls in jail." Gabriel takes a seat at the long table.

"How could you eat right now?" Kya questions, becoming anxious the longer she was separated from Eden and Madi. After Hope had killed Anders they had been separated, Kya, Clarke, Octavia, and Gabriel in one room, everyone else in another.

"Gabriel's right." Clarke chimes in, ignoring Kya's question. "If they didn't believe you had the Flame, we'd be in cells."

"Where are you going?" Octavia exclaims as Kya stands up, moving towards the doors.

"I'm going to get everyone else." Kya states, turning to them. "I'm done playing games. We stopped Echo from dropping the GEM9 and if I'm being completely honest I wish we hadn't. I'm ready for this to be over."

"Kya, we're under house arrest." Gabriel quips.

"I'm aware of that." Kya nods. "I'm also aware our leverage disappears the moment he puts me in front of that stone."

"So what are you gonna do?" Clarke arches an eyebrow, standing up as well.

"I'm gonna offer to do it as soon as the rest of you are safely back on Sanctum." Kya states.

"Kya, they'll kill you." Octavia drawls.

Kya rolls her eyes. "I'll kill them first."

Before anyone else can speak the door to the room slides up. "Make way for the Shepherd." Kya takes a deep breath, watching as Cadogan enters the room, guards surrounding him.

"We need to talk." Kya steps forward. "I'm ready to help you. But only after my friends are..." Kya freezes, becoming lightheaded, tears coming to her eyes when someone else walks into the room. "Bellamy?" Kya's in too much shock to move, but Octavia isn't, stepping towards her brother only to be stopped by the guards.

"How?" Clarke breathes out. "They said you died."

"It's hard to keep the Blakes down." Octavia smiles, tears falling down her face.

Kya's legs shake as she takes a hesitant step forward before launching herself at Bellamy, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hold." Kya can hear Cadogan call, but he's the last thing she's paying attention to as Bellamy wraps his arms around her. "She has the key."

"The key is the flame. They think it's still in my head. Say nothing." Kya whispers into his hear before slowly pulling back, not wanting to be away from him.

"I hope that now you're ready to help us, Kya." Cadogan exclaims. "Too much blood has been spilled. Each death is a child of earth who won't transcend. I'll give you time to reunite while we make preparations."

Kya keeps her eyes on Bellamy, even as Cadogan goes to leave the room. "My Shepherd." Bellamy speaks up causing Kya's eyebrows to furrow before her heart stops completely. "There's something you should know. Kya doesn't have the Key. The Flame was destroyed. I'm sorry."