xviii. the children of gabriel

"UH, GUYS

       "UH, GUYS..." OCTAVIA speaks up when a hoard of armed people follow after the children.

"Abby, stay with Bellamy." Kya mutters, standing up with some assistance from Clarke. She was still a little fuzzy.

"Rose, get away from them." A woman yells, running towards one of the children standing in front of them.

"Hey, it's okay." Clarke shouts when the people carrying the weapons begin to run towards them.

"We're not here to hurt you." Kya speaks up. "We're from Earth. We come in peace."

"Kaylee, where have you been? Where's your family?" Another woman questions the hostage Jordan's group had brought with them.

"They killed them." Kaylee states, glaring at Raven.

"That's not good." Jordan exclaims.

Before anyone else can say anything Bellamy let's out a gasp, suddenly shaking. "No, not now, not now. He's seizing."

Eyes widening, Kya runs over to Bellamy, glancing over her shoulder at the people watching them. "Help us, please. Our friend's dying. He's not breathing."

"Let me pass." A man's voice echos through the area, the crowd parting for the man in question to walk towards them. "Move them back."

"What are you doing? He'll die." Abby snaps, her hands covered in blood.

"You want my help or not?" The man questions, bending down to inspect Bellamy's wounds. "He's already dead. Fortunately for him, death is not the end. Cillian...he was exposed to the sand during the red sun. It must have been on the blade. Do it." They watch as this doctor, Cillian, get's on one knee, reaching into his bag to pull out a snake. Kya can feel a hand grab her shoulder as Clarke pulls her back a bit. "We call it Kepa-She, means hideous snake in Chinese."

"Oh, my god." Kya breathes out as the snake opens it's mouth, its tongue razor sharp.

"Trust me, I know, but the venom degrades too quickly to deliver it in any other form." Cillian informs her. Just before the snake bites into Bellamy's skin, Cillian rips out the blade. Kya almost lunges forward at his actions, knowing if they were on Earth that would have killed him, but she stops herself when she see's the wound beginning to close.

Kya let's out a gasp, her eyes widening. "It's like magic."

"Amazing, isn't it?" The leader quips. "Its curative properties were discovered during one of the earliest red suns. Poison made the demon Gabriel believe he could do anything. The Kepa-She bit him, and the toxin from the sand had no effect." They all look up curiously as the crowd watching them begin to hiss when the name Gabriel is spoken. Ignoring their odd behavior Kya focuses on Bellamy, a small smile pulling on her face when his breathing evens out. "Well done, Cillian. Now lock them up."