xxxviii. a sort of homecoming

KYA'S KNEES BUCKLE when she makes it out of the bridge, not having enough strength to hold herself up as she falls to the ground

       KYA'S KNEES BUCKLE when she makes it out of the bridge, not having enough strength to hold herself up as she falls to the ground. She had now watched the man she loved die twice, the second time at her own hands.

"Kya?" Raven questions, running over to the woman. "What happened?" Kya shakes her head, not being able to get the words out. Her states of shock and heartbreak are temporarily placed to the side when she see's where they're at. The Second Dawn bunker.

Kya turns to Raven, her eyes widening. "Earth? How?"

"This place is perfect for you." Cadogan speaks as Raven helps Kya up. "Nano-tracking program." He holds up a small chip. "What is it you say? May we meet again." Kya raises her gun, ready to pull the trigger just as he disappears into thin air.

"Welcome home, Mother." A familiar voice calls as the tears continue to run down Kya's face.

"Gaia?" Indra questions, lowering her weapon when she see's her daughter. Gaia walks down the ramp and into the fighting pit, grabbing onto her mothers arm when she's in reach. "How are you here?"

"Good question." Gaia nods. "I was attacked after Clarke and the others left. The man turned off the stone. Before the bridge closed, we went through...landing here. He would not stop talking while we fought. He said when you're caught in a closing bridge, it defaults to the planetary origin of your DNA. Earth."

The man's helmet from her story is still lying on the ground, prompting Murphy to walk over to it, picking it up. "Where's the head?"

"Buried with the rest of him." Gaia states.

"Until today, no one even knew you were missing." Indra tells her. "How long have you been alone here?"

"A few days until the others arrived this morning." Gaia explains. "I thought it would be the rest of my life."

"We're together now." Indra exclaims, taking Gaia's hand. The sight of the mother and daughter making Kya's lungs constrict. How was she going to tell the girls Bellamy was dead, again, this time killed by her.

"The girls and Octavia..." Kya speaks up, her voice hauntingly echoing through the bunker. "Where are they?"

Gaia gestures towards the exit, leading them outside. Kya can't help, but let her eyes wonder around in awe as she looks over their world. It was no longer destroyed and toxic, but healthy and beautiful once again. They were home.

"They're over here." Jackson interrupts Kya's thoughts, walking towards the sleeping group. She stands back, gazing over her sleeping daughters, they looked so peaceful.

"Hey." Jackson mumbles, waking the group up. Kya can hear Miller yell out his name in happiness before she feels arms wrap around her.

"Mom." Eden pulls away, a bright smile on her face. "You're back."