xix. fate's a bitch

"THAT'S BEAUTIFUL

"THAT'S BEAUTIFUL." KYA comments, a smile on her face as she walks over to the large cake being sat on the table. The tavern was full of life as people prepared for Delilah naming day, whatever that meant.

"Without you, none of this would have been possible today." The chief grins, turning to the redhead before looking back to his assistance's. "To the great hall. Quickly. And be careful. That's Simone's favorite."

"Mom." A familiar voice calls, Eden coming downstairs, Madi following. "What's going on?"

"I think it's some sort of celebration." Kya explains.

"What's going on?" The chief turns to the two young girls, a plate of cookies in his hands. "It's naming day. And you're the guests of honor." The man laughs when Madi takes a cookie from the plate, covering her mouth in surprise when she bites into it. "I know. A good cookie can change your life."

"There she is!" Voices call as Jordan and Delilah walk downstairs. "There's Delilah." Delilah smiles at the people applauding her, but her attention is diverted when she notices Kya.

"My hero." Delilah calls as she walks over to Kya, pulling the woman into a hug.

"How are you feeling?" Kya questions, a soft smile on her face as she pulls away from Delilah.

"I feel great." Delilah quips.

"I'll be the judge of that." Cillian suddenly walks up behind them, medical bag in hand. "This way. Let's have a look at you." He turns to Kya. "You, too. Let's go." Cillian begins to examine Delilah first, asking her questions while he checks her. "Last question. What do you remember from when you were paralyzed?"

Delilah sighs. "Only everything."

"Well, don't worry. After tonight, It'll be like it never happened at all. You're good." Cillian tells her, though his words cause Kya to squint. While she was happy they were being allowed to stay in Sanctum there was still so much they didn't know about the place. Once Delilah thanks him and skips away, Cillian turns his sights on Kya. "Your turn."

"I told you, I'm fine." Kya laughs as he checks her hand.

"Well, I told your mother I'd make sure of that. Damn. I'm good." Cillian mumbles to himself.

"My mother?" Kya arches an eyebrow. "You mean Abby? That's Clarke's mom."

"Well anyway she's fairly intense- Abby." Cillian begins. "I granted her access to our medical library, and I'm told she asked for a bed to be brought in. You best keep this covered...unless you want people to worship you."

"Yeah." Kya shrugs. "That would suck."

Cillian squeezes Kya's hand before grabbing his bag. "I hope I see you later."

Once he's gone Kya can feel a presence behind her, turning she spots Madi, a smug smile on her face. "He's cute."

Kya scoffs. "Stop."