xl. the last war

WHEN KYA OPENS her eyes she's surrounded by stars, a vast open space

       WHEN KYA OPENS her eyes she's surrounded by stars, a vast open space. It's beautiful. She doesn't feel weak here, she doesn't feel like she had just died, but she must have. The last thing she heard before she died was Bellamy's voice, and she's happy with that. She tilts her head to the side when she see's a man standing in the distance, Cadogan. This confuses her. If she was dead why was he here? He got his final war.

Kya blinks suddenly, the feeling of heavy metal weighing her down. She reaches towards her back, feeling the handle of her sword. She pulls it out slowly, the weight a familiar comfort. "Kill him." A voice echos through the world, through space, causing her eyebrows to furrow. Cadogan hadn't turned around so he must have not heard it. "Kill him. Kill him now. He was wrong. He's not the savior of mankind, you are Kya. End this."

She does as the voice commands, walking towards Cadogan. He's talking to someone, Kya notices. And that's why he doesn't hear her when she raises her sword, slamming it into the side of his neck. Blood sprays everywhere, covering her face as Cadogan's head falls to the ground, his body following after it.

-

Back in Bardo Bellamy kneels next to Kya's dead body, tears streaming down his face as he cups her head in his hands. "I'm so sorry." He whispers. "I'm so sorry for everything." The tears continue to fall as he reaches into his back pocket, pulling her ring out. "I'm sorry." He repeats, placing a kiss on her forehead as he slides the ring back on her finger. "It was all a lie. Please forgive me. Please forgive me."

-

"Why am I still here?" Kya questions, pacing on the pier. After she killed Cadogan his body had dissolved and the woman he had been talking to disappeared, she was ready to stop fighting, to be with her father and Abby again. To be with Bellamy.

"You know why." A deep voice suddenly speaks from behind her causing her to freeze.

"Bellamy?" Kya turns to him, throwing her body towards his. She can feel him wrap his arms around her, before pulling away.

"I'm not him, Kya." Bellamy states.

Kya sighs, glancing around. "The test isn't over?"

"No." Bellamy shakes his head. "I'm sorry. We can't stop what's been set in motion. Your species must now be judged through you." Kya closes her eyes as Bellamy walks over to the pool of blood. "This man was unarmed, no threat to you, yet you killed him."

"He killed my husband." Kya mutters.

"So your need for revenge is more important than the fate of the entire human race?" Bellamy arches an eyebrow at the woman.

"It's not revenge." Kya quips, staring at the man that resembled her true love. "It's justice."

"Kya." Bellamy hums. "A rose by any other name is still blood must have blood."