42: ugly truths

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

Tristan has both of his hands inside the pockets of the dark jeans he is wearing. A white simple shirt and a heavy light brown coat complementing the look. His hair is combed back and I have to contain a careless breath as his eyes flicker with affection.

"Can we talk?" His voice is direct but somehow warm, a smile spreading across his lips when he notices mine and when I realize I'm frozen in place, taking space in the bathroom line and a few annoyed looks directed to me, I go in his direction without even thinking, nodding at his request.

My heartbeat is starting to go faster and the minute I get closer to him he grabs gently my arm, his touch sending shivers through my spine.

He takes us directly to under the bleachers, a clear vision of the field taking place in my sight and I can't help but furrow my eyebrows at his absence for a whole week.

"Where were you all these days, Tristan?"

He swallows hard before taking one of my hands in his and I immediately take a step back, certain that everyone can see us.

My heart is screaming to do what I've been craving this past week but I need to use what's left of my conscience.

"I had to take care of a few things for my trip," His face shows a sign of pain instantly when he notices my gesture but he quickly hides it by running his hand through his hair and I widen my eyes at his words, "That's actually one of the things I wanted to tell you."

"You are going away?"

If my heart wasn't frantic, it is now. It's slamming against my chest and I'm scared the boy in front of me might hear it.

Just the thought of seeing my best friend leave is enough to make me feel like all the air is lost.

"I'm going to Australia for an exchange year of one entire year. The course focuses on photography, one of my passions like you know and I feel like it's a step I need to make." When he finishes explaining his goals, his eyes flickering with anticipation and excitement, I can't help but feel selfish as the first thought that I had was that I would be alone.

My best friend is going to chase his dreams and deep inside, I'm so proud of him.

"That's incredible, Tantan," I take him into an unexpected hug but as soon as the shock fades, he wraps his muscular arms around my body and tighten our touch.

The way our bodies connect feels like out of this world but I reassure myself that's because we know each other like no one else.

"I want you to come with me, queen," Tristan murmurs in my ear, his breath unsteady like mine playing with my bare skin and when I finally assimilate what he means, I break our hug, the warmth of his body against mine being missed in the same second.