35: reencounters

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N 

"Alison Kate Lawrence!" My mom's voice fills my ear and echoes through the house before I even wake up, my eyelids being so heavy. All I want is to sleep, but with Katherine screaming my name every two seconds it is impossible.

Caroline's words haven't left my mind, and her words keep coming back every minute that I think of Scott.

I wasn't able to sleep well this night, and my hopes to take at least a deep nap on Saturday morning is rock bottom. 

"One-minute mom!" I scream at her while slowly getting up, my body urging me to stay in bed. I open my curtains, the sun of outside lightning my room, and get ready for another day by going directly to the bathroom, hoping that a bath would take away this exhausting feeling. 

The scalding water falls on my neck and my body, relieving the pain that's been accumulated since I came back to this house and when I still hear my mom's voice calling me muffled by the sound of the water, I take a deep breath. 

She took the day to bother me. 

I quickly change into a pair of an oversized white sweatshirt and black and white gym shorts, definitely not bothering to make myself look presentable for anyone today. I do a high ponytail on my caramel brown hair, a few locks escaping from it and strangely framing my face, but I decide to leave it like that when I hear my mom threatening to drag me out of my room.  

One last deep breath is all I take before I finally leave my bedroom, making sure that the door is closed behind, and head downstairs where Katherine is acting like crazy.

"What is it, mom?" I growl at her once I reach the living room, a yawn escaping my lips right after, but the person I see seated on the immaculate white leather sofa is not who I was expecting.

"No way!" I scream, my lack of sleep suddenly being the last thing on my mind when the girl in front of me flashes her typical sweet smile and opens her arms, inviting me for a hug. 

Emma Sparks, my best friend from Chicago, is here. 

I run to her arms and when we both hug each other, toppling on the iron golden coffee table, I thigh my arms around her so she never leaves me. I don't realize at the moment, but tears are streaming down my cheeks, happy tears, and so is Emma. Her chocolate eyes are watery and red and our laughs fill the air, spreading through the entire house.

"How?" I whisper at my friend after we part away, our hug taking hundreds of weights off my back, and all she does is continue to smile, both of us still astonished by our re-encounter. 

I haven't realized I missed her this much. 

"Surprise!" She exclaims while making her trademarks, jazz hands, and I can't hold back a laugh. I let myself be happy and be thankful for the girl in front of me, and I can tell she's doing the same. 

"Oh God, we have so much to talk about!" My hands are shaking from excitement and a genuine smile is written all over my lips. My heartbeat is frantic against my chest but this time, is all happiness, "Where are you staying?"