06: a heck of a day

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

After three classes, four and a half hours, I was already exhausted, and to add to that was the fact that was still a Monday.

"I don't think I'll survive through the week," I mumbled to myself, losing no time in meeting with Madison after buying my lunch.

As soon as I stepped out of the Cafeteria, I saw Scott and his friends at our usual table. Caroline was also there laughing and flirting with my ex-boyfriend, her pink dress calling all the attention to herself. A total bitch. I also spotted Madison two tables from them, my heart skipping a beat to the thought that I would need to pass in front of my old group. The table my friend got couldn't be worst. Perfect.

I counted until three in my mind, taking a deep breath, and made my way to Mads. I wouldn't let her down just because I was afraid of everyone's else reaction. What I expected to happen, did happen actually when I tried to pass and Carol just stood up, getting in my way. 

"What do you want, Caroline?" My voice tone was low, my blood boiling from the situation. I had the urge to get out of here. Deep breaths. Today, I wouldn't let anyone put me down.

"Nothing, just making sure you won't cheat on anyone else." And with that, she sat again in her place. That girl didn't make any sense. Scott couldn't look into my eyes and his friends, Cody and Tristan, tried to ignore the most embarrassing situation between me and my used to be a best friend.

"Well, at least I had a boyfriend to cheat on. Except for the fact that I didn't cheat on him as you all think. But you, you couldn't date anyone, not even your stepbrother that you tried to flirt with. Is that right, Carol?" I told her before making my way to the table that Madison was sitting on. I could hear gasps coming from all sides of the cafeteria and this little win makes me smile slightly. 

Scott was speechless, his blue eyes looking from me to my ex-best friend repeatedly. Not in a lifetime, I would be the bitchy queen bee with them and say her biggest secret out loud but that's what happens when everything collapses. 

Guess things change.

She tried to reply to me back but she had no words to say. Her emerald eyes were little by little getting watery and I could tell she was fighting back those tears. A part of me felt sorry for her even if after all the horrible things she's done to me but I push it to the back of mind, assuring myself she deserves all of this. 

"Let's go, Mads?" I posed as the queen bee to my best friend who was astonished as well by my little act. She quickly stood up, not losing time to do what I say.  "I can't stand these people anymore."

"You don't even need to ask," she answered, my heart flushing with pride that at least someone still follows my leads, and followed me to the hall.