18: recoveries

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

  S C O T T

Nine Months Later...

Dear Alison,

It's been nine fucking months since you left and I still couldn't figure how to get you out of my head.

Not when I know you will come back to me.

You can't imagine what I feel every time I think of how pretty you must be looking right now.

How much you have changed since the last time I saw you.

Caroline has been growing anxious and more anxious about your return home. If you still feel that way towards here.

She is certain that you will come back as a new person, totally wanting to take her spot as the new queen bee and me along with it. Carol has been less bitchy than you were last year and people actually like her.

I know she has nothing to worry about. You will know your place in school.

Shit, I sound like a total jerk.

Sorry, Alison.

Ali, your normal nickname, takes me back to a new time where we were happy. We had everything.

Money, power and especially each other.

But do we really know what love is? Do we actually know what is like to love someone other than ourselves?

Looking back now, I realize we were so damn egoist. You thought only about you when it came to power. I was left aside, Caroline was left aside.

Maybe that's why she and I got together you know?

You left, leaving an empty space in our lives.

But you know what's worst?

I still have the urge to be with you. Your selfish, sweet, manipulative and pretty you. All of you.

I even called Carol your name. She didn't get pissed because she knows how much you mean to me. But I can see in her eyes that she is getting tired of dealing with me.

I don't love her.

I don't think I ever will but I need to move on.

You can't imagine how much I remind of you in every little thing.

I'm getting fucking crazy, Alison.

You are the reason why I can't sleep.

Why I keep reminding of that terrible night, wondering if I could have done something different.