33: this, this feels right

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

I have no idea what time is it when I finally wake up, my eyes blind by the sunshine that it's coming from my window. The moment I try to stand up, pain pounds sharp against the left side of my head and I yelp in pain. The bad side of drinking is the horrible hungover afterward.

Faded memories from yesterday fill my mind and I fight back my urge to hide away from the world, knowing deep inside that I'm the only one who can get out of this mess. 

I try again to stand up and with a good amount of groans, I manage to do it. My eyes go straight to the clock beside my bed and the fact that it's still 7:00 am is enough to cause me to let out a deep breath.

There's time before I go to school and I need every single minute to take off the clothes from yesterday that are glued to my body like a second skin. I feel disgusting and I lose no time in heading straight to the bathroom, trying to make myself feel at least a bit better. 

I take a glance at my reflection before I get in the shower and I regret it at the same moment. My caramel brown hair is opaque and tangled in the ends, my eyes are puffy and red by how much I cried. I look like a mess. 

My breath is heavy when I enter the bathroom stall, the scalding hot water burning my skin but I welcome the pain, letting it flow through my whole body and somehow make me lighter. 

In the end, a bit of the headache that grounded on my temples is gone, giving me more freedom to move but it still hasn't gone away and I don't think it will so soon. 

I throw cold water in my face and apply some makeup, anything to make me feel better about myself and I quickly choose the outfit for today. Mom ripped jeans and a tight white long sleeve crop top to match my white strings mid heels sandals. 

It should be enough for today, just to go through another day.

I push away every single thought of Scott that threatens to bother me, making my heart break. I will have to deal with my feelings towards him later, for now, I'm just going to keep living. 

I do a quick high ponytail on my locks, the best option I have when I'm already late, and grab everything need before going downstairs, the smell of freshly cooked pancakes filling my nose instantly. 

My heart starts to beat fast to the thought of the conversation I need to have with my mom but when I look at her behind the kitchen counter like always, I get calmer.

Her dark blonde hair is falling in cascades stopping above her shoulders and her bright green eyes are highlighted with black eyeliner, making her look absolutely gorgeous. No signs of what happened last night are written on her face I don't know why but I'm glad we are putting these things behind us.

"Hey, babe." Her voice is calm and happy directed to me as I walk inside the kitchen, losing no time on sitting on the stool in front of me. I never have breakfast with my mom but I feel like today is something I need to do.