27: even if it's killing me

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

When I wake up, the sun hitting my eyes, I can't help but smile to myself as I remember the conversation I had with Scott. His smirk directed only to me.

I know we've hurt each other in many ways and that I need to continue fake dating Tristan but no one will ever understand what we have. 

Only his ocean eyes are enough to make my heartbeat accelerate and the butterflies in my belly appear out of sudden. It feels like I'm in love with him all over again but still the memories from that horrible night don't leave my mind even after a whole year. 

I need to move on. 

I push all the bad thoughts aside as I stand up, heading straight to the bathroom for a hot shower. Ever since Chicago, I try to appreciate the little things in life and this is one of them. 

The scalding water falls straight to my neck, releasing the tension I can't seem to lose when waking up. Despite things going great, anything can collapse out of sudden and that is my worst fear. 

After leaving the shower stall, I look at myself in the mirror, my big blue-green eyes staring back at me and I can't help but ask very faintly, "Why me? Why do I have to go through this much suffering?"

I don't have the answers for that and I truly sound crazy. But I wish I could forget about life for a while and just be happy. I want a normal life.

I form a fake smile on my lips, pretending I have everything under control before choosing an outfit as I try to get my life back together. 

The outfit for today doesn't reflect the real me, the one who had her heartbroken and is in the process of picking up the pieces of it. Once again, this is what I used to wear back to my mean girl days but I need to pose as that queen bee to get it all back.

I'm wearing a dark green plaid mini skirt and a white tank top that is cut low enough to reveal a lot of cleavage which makes me uncomfortable as hell. I try to make it look less provocative by putting on a black cardigan but it's useless.

Before putting on red lipstick on my full lips to complete the signature look, I give myself one last glance at my reflection in the mirror and I hate what I see. Instead of covering myself up in a decent way, I decided to leave it because I know that's necessary. 

This is what it takes to get my reign again even if it's killing me.

I grab my car's key, cellphone, and backpack, leaving my room, not so sure I'm ready for one more day in Trinity High.