14: new place, new life

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

"Well, I guess this is it." I whispered as my mom and I stood on the line to finally board. Our flight was definitely crowded because at least fifteen people were before us.

After saying goodbye to Scott, I went home and told my mom I was ready to go. She booked the earliest flight she could find to Chicago. I packed everything I needed or at least everything I could place on my white suitcase. We went to the airport a couple hours later and luckily, my dad didn't go with us. I had to leave my white Maltese, Crystal in his hands and I just hoped that she would be taken care of. I would miss her but I couldn't bring her to Chicago. She was a memory of the happy past I used to have.

"We will be back in a year," she rubbed my arm, trying to, somehow, comfort me. "you can use this time to rebuild your confidence, honey."

"I'm planning on doing that." I told her as I grabbed my phone and went through the gallery. The line was going to take some time so I decided to take a look at my old photos. Even if Chicago meant a whole new place to start over for a year, I couldn't forget the life I used to have here on California. Not since I was going to come back.

The first photo of my gallery was one of Caroline and I. We were sitting in the swings of the old playground. We were both smiling and I had my dark brown hair in pigtails while Carol had her blonde hair in braids. We were only six years old and didn't have nothing to worry about.

The next few ones were from last year. The best year I had so far. I was dating Scott, Carol was still my best friend and I had my reputation intact. I was the perfect girl with the perfect life according to everyone but well, I wished it was that way. I wished I still had a good relationship with my dad.

My favorite photo appeared on the screen and it just made miss my old life even more. I was with my parents and Scott. We were all dressed up because it was my family's dinner which my boyfriend participated. He asked me to be his girlfriend on that day, giving me red roses. I just felt the happiest girl ever like nothing could tear us apart.

I was just so wrong.

"Ali?" My mom called me, totally interrupting my thoughts. We were the next ones to enter the plane.

This is it. I told myself as I gave the boarding tickets to the lady in front of me.

My new life is starting and I'm not sure if I can handle it.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"I think you're on my seat."

My voice sounded rudder than I meant but I really didn't have the patience to deal with someone that couldn't read what the boarding seat stated.