43: all I ever needed

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

The sunlight coming from outside my window and lightening up my entire room hits my eyes instantly when I open them and they feel heavy from the amount of crying from these two days.

It's Monday morning, precisely 12:00 am according to the clock on my nightstand, and I haven't left bed ever since I got home on Saturday night.

My mom tried talking me out of bed but it only made everything worse so she gave up. Emma and she brought food to me and even stood for a while to talk, but eventually, I ended up quiet and acted like a crybaby.

I know I'm being a horrible daughter and friend, that I should focus on the future, yet all I want is to stay hidden from the world forever. I'm feeling pathetic and each time I remember the football game makes me feel only worst. 

I curse underneath my breath to the headache that grows in my temples, pound and sharp, and I guess it's only a reflection of how much I'm letting reality affect me.

The fact that all this time I thought I had cheated on Scott, that I had been a slut to him, and made him think our relationship meant nothing to me when it was all because of a stupid and hateful plan of Caroline is nerve-wracking.

But the worst part of it all is how Tristan's words keep ringing in my mind nonstop, how he played me, and how close I was to say yes to him. Behind every moment with him there was love and now I've finally realized it, I find out he was part of the twisted plan that turned my life upside down. 

I'm angry at everything, but he is enough to cause my eyes to get watery all over again. 

It hurts too much. 

I guess that's how Scott felt at that fucking party.

"Someone is here, Ali." Emma's tone is faith through the door while she opens a crack to see inside, probably afraid that I will explode and scream at her to leave me alone like I did yesterday night. 

Gosh, I'm so tired.

"I don't want to see anyone, Ems. I already told that." My voice cracks at the end, my hands trembling at my sides as I tug myself even deeper in the bedsheets and I try miserably to hide that I'm crying again. 

The tears mark my already red cheeks and it surprises me that I still have tears to shed. Incredible how can your heart leave you so shattered when it gets broken.

"He said he's not leaving until you talk to him." I sit up in my bed in less than a second, my heart pounding to the thought of who's here but I completely forget about the headache, and I pay the price when it makes me cry under my breath.

"Who?"

"Scott. Can I let him in?" The sound of his name on her lips is enough to make me anxious and I swallow my breath, cleaning the reminiscent tears before murmuring a faith 'yes'.