31: things were too good to be true

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

Two and a half weeks have passed since I came back, ever since I had to face what was left of my life here. The messed-up situation between me, Scott, Tristan, and Caroline was cooling down with my classmates but the gossips here and there still continued, especially when I kissed my fake boyfriend in the middle of the fucking hallway.

Our deal is still up and I can tell I'm getting under Scott's skin, despite all the strength he is been showing by not searching for me. 

Everything is strangely calm in my life and the thought of that makes me shiver. I know something will happen and I hate myself that I can shake away the weird feeling of being happy for so long.

The bell rings at the exact minute I turn my mind to whatever Mr. Carter is saying about Hamlet. Not that English Literature is bad, I just can't focus on the last period when all I want is to get out of here.

I lose no time in leaving the room, the heels of my black strappy sandals clicking against the cold floor of Trinity high. The black tube top I have is too tight against my skin and the ripped denim jeans I have on marks my every curve. 

It feels that my true self is trapped in this pathetic life, wearing clothes that no longer reflect what she wants but I need to believe that when I get back what I used to have, all of this wouldn't have been in vain. 

That's the thing I'm holding on to. 

My car is parked near the entrance today and I reach it quickly, never forgetting to take a deep breath. But before I can enter the vehicle in front of me, a pair of warm hands circle my waist, and by his touch, I know exactly who is the boy behind me. 

I turn around just to meet light blue eyes that are flickering with care, the feeling of safety instantly filling my heart. 

"Hey, babe," Tristan says, using the nickname we agreed that would be our safe word in case anyone is paying attention to us. It's the only way that I know when I need to play my part in the fake dating thing. 

"Hey, handsome." I peak his lips and flash him a lovely smile, his eyes never leaving mine, after I catch a glance of the few classmates that were carefully watching us as they walked to their cars, Scott's best friend, Cody, included. He will probably tell his friend that I'm still strong with the boy in front of me and that should be enough to make Scott pissed. 

One week later, Tristan suggested that we made out near my ex-boyfriend's locker and we carefully picked a time when he could see it. The kiss was a slow-burn and it sure seemed like we were going to do something more if we weren't at the school's hallway.

Scott was red with jealous when we parted away and asked me if I had enjoyed the fucking kiss later that day. I told him how good of a boyfriend Tristan was and that I had loved every part of it. 

Let's just say he shut the classroom's door behind him when leaving and I couldn't contain a loud laugh.