03: letting her go

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

S C O T T

"I knew it! Yesterday, when you were talking with Matt, you were already cheating on me!" I yelled at Alison, making her move away from where I was standing. Her lips were trembling, and she was on the verge of breaking.

I had the urge to hit something, to make this moment go away. I didn't want to believe what was in front of me. How could she?

"Please, let me explain!" She begged with tears in her eyes, my heart slamming against my chest. Did she seriously think I would listen to her? She was cheating on me with my best friend; something like that was damn hard to forgive.

His shirt covered her body. The moment when I entered the room was repeating successively on my mind. Alison and Matt together. Alone in a room, in a house where drunkenness was going on.

I couldn't believe her. Did I deserve to be cheated on?

"Yesterday, I wasn't cheating on you. I was talking with Matt about-" She started talking but I cut it off.

"I don't want to hear your bullshit, Alison" I screamed, my voice failing at the end, as I turned to the door. I couldn't look at her. She was crying so hard that all I wanted to do was hug her tight. But I needed to be strong. Ali did that to herself. She brought this ending directly to our direction.

"So, that's why you got pissed at me." She whispered to herself but I could still hear. I could still hear the mumbled and broken words she said.

"Yes, Alison. That's why I was mad at you and apparently, I was right to be, wasn't I?" I answered, sadness taking over me.

I was so dumb.

Matt was showing signs. Alison too while talking to him yesterday.

I've never felt so stupid, or this pathetic. My feelings and my trust for Alison were falling at the seams; my heart was breaking every time we yelled at each other. 

Fuck.

"It's not what it looks like! Please, hear me out," Alison begged, her voice cracking at the last part; her cries were becoming louder and louder, I could cry with her.

Maybe because I was mad or maybe because my heart was shattered, but I couldn't show her I cared.

Not after what she had done to me.

"Then explain it to me, Ali," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed as she sat in the middle of it. I didn't know what I wanted to hear. What if she admitted in my face she had cheated on me? Was that what I wanted?

In the meantime, during our whole discussion, I was trying not to kiss her. My girl was so pretty. Her nose was small and her red lips were full. Her eyes were blue-green, her caramel brown hair was falling in her face and her body was well built, even with the makeup wasted, she looked gorgeous, in all topics. I was the luckiest boy in the world to have her.