Alpha?

I do hope you are enjoying the story, Please vote and comment.

That helps me know what you personally would like to see and/or hear within the story. I enjoy hearing what people think about my stories.

 Could you walk away from your mate, like Jenna expects Brent too? 

    As we were discussing different strategies to keep the pack safe and how Brent would go as soon as we were done here and then  go pack a bag

    As we were discussing different strategies to keep the pack safe and how Brent would go as soon as we were done here and then  go pack a bag. The thought of being separated from him tore at my heart feeling like someone was trying to pull it from my body. My father mentioned we had a few houses on another packs land, he had an agreement with the Alpha of that pack that if something happened, we could send some there, like the young children and babies, their mothers, and our elders. The warriors were already going house to house helping those who needed it. Gathering their items and setting them out in front of their houses, until it was time. We discussed how Brent would escort the ones going to Shadow Creek packs land and help them get settled before returning here in a weeks time. The eyes are growing closer, it feels as if they are growing angrier and more dangerous. Yet, I feel them so close...far to close! 

   My father looked up at Brent with his brows furrowed and the most serious face I have ever seen my father wear. My heart sank not knowing what he was thinking that would cause such an expression....my heart was pounding in my chest.

   "Brent, you are my daughters' mate and with her being an Alpha female and me having no son of my own, not that I am saying my daughter couldn't do it by herself. Yet, you are her mate so when you find her once more, YOU shall be Alpha! Remember this while you are out there and trying to get my daughter back safely. I know you will do this, won't you?" My father questioned.

   Brent's eyes went wide, not believing what he was hearing. He was the son of a Beta...yes, he was raised and taught all the things he would be responsible for and the tasks. Yet was that enough for him to be able to be an Alpha? Brent took a deep breath understanding what he would be in the future, it could be as soon as a few days to a week. If my dad was taken, or even killed...omg the pain in my heart at the thought of this is killing me. That would make Brent the Alpha right away because he is my mate. Reality becomes noticeably clear to us both as Brent lowers his head exposing his throat to his Alpha in respect. My father knew Brent would protect this pack as he would his own mate.

    "Yes, Alpha. If you so wish it." Brent spoke.

   My father bowed his head to Brent showing respect to him as well. It amazed me to think my mate would be the Alpha of our pack, which would make me the Luna. I already did the functions a Luna would do already but having the title and all of what comes with it shuddered me to my core. What about my mother, she is the Luna? My heart broke...was my father not expecting him and my mother to survive?