Aftermath

Brent's POV

      I knew this wasn't going to be easy, I appreciated what Alpha Jameson had

      I knew this wasn't going to be easy, I appreciated what Alpha Jameson had. We needed last week to try and just settle a bit after what had happened. Now I knew I had to go back and deal with all those we had lost in the attack, before the others could be traumatized by it. Alpha Jameson offered vehicles to transport us back to our own pack, he was also going to send some of his warriors with us to secure the lands before we were just left there. As the women grab all their items and begin carrying them to the vehicles, I want to tell them what to expect.

     "Just so you all know, when we return it will be nothing like the home we once knew. Our loved ones won't be there, I know this is not an easy thing, but we will grow and strive ahead. We will survive everything that has happened. I will take care of you all, you are my pack...My family!" Brent spoke to them.

     They all bowed their heads to him offering their throats to him, yes, I know it gets tiresome people doing this. A simple bow of the head would suffice, but I am not going to break tradition now. I nodded as all the women began walking to the vehicles climbing into it. The younger helping the elders into one of the vans, it sent pride through me to see the young helping. I knew it would take at least two hours to arrive back and then get things situated. Jameson had forty warriors join us in a different vehicle, he walked up to the van with the warriors telling him something. I am not sure what he was telling them, but I am hoping he is helping not trying to hinder anything such as him now wanting to take our lands. This was a concern for me...the unknown has always been my enemy.

     Jenna always told me that the unknown would happen regardless of if we worry about it or not. To just let what is meant to come to pass. I shook my head at her statement when suddenly a surge shot through me, my mate, I could feel her. My body reacted instantly, it wanted our mate. The surge took me off guard, I began to call out to her though our mate link and our pack link. Nothing! Why isn't she answering me? Did something happen to her where she can't answer me or does, she just not want me anymore? I sighed and my heart felt heavy knowing that so many things could have happened to her. No one better have touched my mate I will kill them without a second thought. She is MINE! My mate, my love, and on top of it my best friend. I needed her, she was my air...I had to have her with me.

   I continued trying to get an answer through the link, yet I didn't hear my sweet mates voice speaking to me. I could feel she was a touch panicked but I was unsure what was happening...why was she panicking? I felt anger and rage building in me, more than I had ever experienced before. I let a growl out at the situation. Jameson walked over to me looking at me wondering why I let out a growl. He had a weird expression on his face, I am not sure what he was thinking.

    "What are you thinking Jameson? Is something wrong?" I asked.

Jameson looked at me like I had three heads, what is going on with this Alpha?

    "Just curious, are you prepared if there are still that Alpha's warriors there? Yes, my warriors will check the pack lands but after that what are you going to do if they come back?" He asked.

I honestly don't know what I will do other than fight to protect my now tiny pack. I shrugged and understood what he was saying but it felt like there was something else behind it. Was he trying to get my lands?

    "No need to worry Brent, I am asking...just remember you and your pack would be welcome to join mine, then we shall control all this land together. Two Alphas...working as one." He spoke.

I knew it, this asshole wants my pack land. No way was I letting him get his hands on my land.... I will destroy him if I must...not sure how but I will figure it out.

    "I thank you for the offer, but I think we shall be simply fine. I am going to reach out to other family, and I am sure they shall join us as well. I do thank you for everything you have done for us. I do wish you the absolute best Alpha Jameson." I replied as I pulled the van door closed.

    Jameson looked at me curiously as if he were wondering if I was just being polite to shut him up or what. The vans began to pull out as I knew this was more comfortable for our pack. I am grateful for it, but he needs to understand just because we went through something, doesn't mean that we give up. The sight of my lands could not come soon enough, I began hearing whispers from the front of the van as if they were specially trying to say it so I couldn't hear them. Yet, I did. Now I know they didn't come to just check the lands, but they were being sent to survey our lands to see if it was something Jameson wanted.

    Rage burned in me fiercer than I had felt before, my mate was not answering me. Something in me began to try and claw itself from me. I held it back I knew I wouldn't be able to for much longer. Finally, the vans pulled into our pack lands. I left the women in the van as I walked towards the center of our little community. I felt my stomach lurch at the smell that encompassed our lands, it was the smell of rotting flesh and dead corpse's. The warriors walked up from behind me and began gathering all the dead bodies, they looked to me to ask where I wanted them. I told them graves would need to be dug and told them where our graveyard was. Several men split off to go dig graves, while some others began shifting to their wolf forms and running the perimeter of our lands. Now I know scoping it out for his own Alpha. So now I am not looking at just trying to rebuild my pack, going to find my mate, along with defending our pack against a full pack that now wants my land. I let a growl escape from my lips. Rage is becoming my friend; it seems that is all I feel lately. My love left with my mate, she is all I need...she is what centers me and makes me calm.

     I began feeling someone touching my mate...I tilted my head as rage filled me even further. I will kill who ever is touching her. How am I feeling this, before I had only been able to mind link her through our bond before? I became curious why this is happening...is it just me or is she feeling me also? As the men collected our fallen warriors and took them to their final resting places, I began picking up any of the things that were destroyed in the small area of our town. I wanted it to feel as much as home as I could provide. I had some warriors scope out the houses to makes sure there were no fallen warriors in them either. Unfortunately, they had found several slaughtered within their own homes. I am seeing any of the other young warriors, and all are just gone.... vanished, or taken? If this Alpha is collecting people, he could be a bigger problem than I anticipated. I continued trying to check things out while trying to keep my eyes on the warriors as well. I didn't want them getting into our things to much. I felt as soon as they burry our dead then they can take their leave. I know they planned on camping here tonight to make sure all things were ok.

     I didn't really like the idea of them remaining. I had sent a few of them to go get provisions for the pack and so they could eat as well. When everything looked as it should, I nodded to Stanley as he began helping all the women unload from the vans, along with the children. The kids took off running like normal and began playing doing their normal routines. It felt good to be back home, with some heart break but we will get through this one way or another. When will I see my mate, I feel her....please Jenna I need you ...come to me!