Invisible Alpha

I woke up and it was early, I looked out the window noticing it was still dark out

   I woke up and it was early, I looked out the window noticing it was still dark out. The crickets were chirping, and I could hear the wind gaining strength as they blew through the trees behind the school. I could see the forest from my window, I so wanted to go run. It had been a week since I had gone out and ran in gym, the teacher was trying his best to arrange for me to get out at least once or twice a week for a run. I couldn't just lay here; my stomach was rumbling I had been feeling ill the past few days. It was like I was picking up on pain Brent was feeling, I prayed to the Goddess that he was safe and out of the way of harm. The idea of not knowing where he was or if he was alright was driving me insane, I couldn't mind link him. I had tried and tried until tears filled my eyes as I curled into a ball on my bedroom floor. I just wanted to hear his voice, to feel him wrap his protective arms around me. Everything in me, well except for Lacey that has wanted him with me and to surround me in his safety again.

  Lacey still was not willing to accept Brent as our mate, I can understand where she is coming from. I longed for my true mate as well, as strange as it sounds. I know he is out there; those eyes have become more intense every night since I have been here. The other night, I saw them as I do every night, yet they seemed more urgent as if he were trying to find me and he was trying to get to me. Why doesn't he say something in my head like he had done before I wondered?

         "If you so wish it I shall little mate. I am coming, I am getting close and I will find you. You are MINE! I shall possess you!" The voice boomed.

My eyes widened to his voice booming within my mind, he was listening to me as well. That had my heart slamming in my chest which made me panic, but at the same time I felt everything in me cry out to him. Lacey whined through the unformed link between him and I. As he heard her whine, he let a low rumbling growl escape back to her. It was as if she was a little pup in love. She purred for him. I shook my head knowing if he did find us, we were in trouble. He wanted to possess us, nothing about protecting, loving us.

    As I shook the memories from my head I crawled out of bed and slipped on some skimpy shorts and a tank top, as I slipped out of my room into the hallway. I walked down the hall trying not to make any sound because I was looking to go get something to eat and that was forbidden, in air quotes. I laughed to myself knowing I was going to get something one way or another. I am thankful my hearing is better than any werewolf in this house or I would be in trouble already.

 The only reason we were allowed out of our rooms at night was for the use of the bathroom, then back to bed. As I reached the end of the hall, I heard a commotion downstairs, it was in the office which was off the main hallway. I knew I could get closer without being detected so me being me, I had to take the chance to hear what was going on. I inhaled and smelt the most amazing scent I have ever smelt; my feet began moving without me even realizing it. It was bringing me to where the scent was coming from, it was the scent of fresh pine and cloves. Those scents had always been my weakness, as I grew closer to the office realization began to surge into my brain.