chapter 21: Happy Families

"Don't you live in California?" Eric asked, shoving Liam to the side so he could get a better angle to see the pack.

"Yeah."

"So why are they here?" He hummed, even while waggling his fingers in a little wave. Scott's head tipped to the side in confusion but he returned it with a whimsical smile.

"I don't know." Liam said quietly. His immediate thought was that someone had died but everyone was there, hovering by the smoking car looking at Liam with wide eyes like finding Liam in Idaho, where he said he'd be, was a completely bewildering turn of events.

"Hey! Why are you here?" Moe asked, leaning out of the window enough that Sammy had to quickly lean over and grab his belt buckles before he could topple right out.

"I mean no one's dead so-" Liam's words died on his tongue as he thought of the other reason they might be there.

They'd come to take him home.

It would explain why they'd been so understanding about him staying with Theo. This way they could just drag Liam home rather than having to fight with him over the phone.

"We're the goldfish alien." Liam breathed. Four pairs of eyes turned on him in confusion.

"What?"

"It's a trap." Liam said.

"You mean admiral-" Liam didn't wait for Theo to finish just launched himself at the door. "Liam, wait-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Liam growled. He slammed the door behind him before Theo could get out and stalked toward the pack. They'd forced him to go to some random pack on the full moon so that they could find him.

"Us?" Stiles snorted "You're the one who-"

"I'd shut up." Lydia said, gently patting Stiles on the arm. Liam turned to Scott.

"I tell you I need some time and you trick me into coming to Idaho so you can come and get me?"

"What, no-" Scott said eyes widening.

"You realise how fucked up that is? I trusted you and you just-"

"Liam shut up."

"Excuse-" Liam hissed, spinning on Theo, just in time to see Sammy pulling out of the car park, Eric and Moe watching out the back window with a complete lack of discretion.

"I said shut up. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm sure they have a great explanation for stalking you through multiple states. Right?" Theo turned to Scott, eyebrow raised.

"We were worried." Scott said.

"Worried?" Liam asked stiffly.

"Yeah, you and Theo were meant to-"

"I'm not going home yet." Liam snapped.

"Okay." Scott placated. "But you were meant to call yesterday. And when you didn't-"

"We thought Theo killed you." Malia said.

"Theo, get in the car we're leaving." Liam growled.

"Yes dear." Theo drawled, not moving from his spot.

"Or you killed someone and he was helping you hide the body and flee the country." Mason added.

"Or Derek's track record with trusting people turned out to still be crappy and the pack was going to kill you." Stiles hummed, Derek finally looked up from where he'd been leaning against his camaro, sunglasses on with the distinct expression of someone who'd rather be anywhere else to shoot Stiles a glare.