chapter 40: How to get away with murder

Moe and Eric were fairly unmissable, if the plumes of smoke clouding around them as Moe puffed on a cigarette like a chimney didn't draw your attention then Eric would with the bright multicolored hoodie he was wearing and the way he was sat on the table, feet resting on the seat and tapping out a tune that Moe seemed to be nodding along too quite happily.

The chain smoker was the first to notice them arriving, head snapping up to attention like a particularly excited meerkat. 

"Finally" Moe shouted, tossing the cigarette into a nearby drain as it reached the filter. "Thought you'd stood us up."

"You were meant to be meeting us at work shithead." Sara said. Hoping the fence and rushing to meet them at the table. "S'not our fault it took us time to walk." She grabbed Eric, yanking him down off of the table and onto the bench. "show a little respect, shithead."

"Says the woman manhandling me." Eric scoffed scrambling off the bench as Liam and Theo reached the table. Moe sunk into the newly vacated seat throwing Liam a grin. "Theo! Oh, Man, I missed you!" Eric said. Theo's eyebrows twitched in a small furrow. 

"You did?" He said. 

"Yeah, dude." Eric grinned. Theo's lips curled into a disbelieving smile as he let himself be pulled in for a quick hug. "And Liam! My man!" Liam yelped gracelessly when Eric just shoved Theo away and launched himself into Liam.  "It's so good to see you guys."

"Uh, yeah, you too." Liam said, looking at the still smiling Theo over Eric's shoulder.

"Yes, we're all very glad to see each other." Guns groaned. "now can we go order some food I'm freaking starving."

"But I want to hear about Disney-" Eric started.

"Food now. Talking later." Guns ordered. 

*

Moe insisted they sit outside so he could smoke, after orders were placed the six of them made their way back to the picnic table outside. Moe tapped a cigarette out of his pack as Guns fiddled with the table's umbrella, cranking it up to block the tepid sun and then reeling it back down again, rinse and repeat.

"So, dude. Disney World, how was-" Eric begun.

"Screw Disney world." Moe snorted. "I want to know how the ball of twine was."

"You told them about that?"

"Oh, we got a three-hour text rant about it." Guns said. "It was great."

"That's what you were doing on your phone? You said you were looking for directions!"

"I was looking for directions out of this relationship." Theo muttered. Liam, unfortunately, was stopped from letting out any cutting retort as their food arrived, successfully silencing the table until everyone had at least half a burger and handful of fries shoved down their throats.

"Speaking of relationships." Guns said, picking up the conversation as if they hadn't been quiet for five minutes thanks to the allure of food. "How is that going?" She gestured with a fry between the two of them. Theo let out a grunt past a mouthful of food that Liam assumed meant 'it's going great, we're very happy together' but could have just easily meant 'I'm choking someone help me'.

"No offense dude, but if you hadn't managed to pull your heads out of your asses and figure out you wanted to bone I definitely wouldn't have come out today." Moe said. "It was like watching two birds doing a mating ritual last time, it's like, we get it, you wanna fuck, now please stop puffing up your feathers long enough to do something about it so we don't have to watch the awkward feather dance."