Chapter 32: The Sphinx

Liam drummed his fingers against the table, bouncing slightly in his seat as he eyed the phone balanced in front of him and the dial tone rang through the room in a deafening rumble. Finally, after what felt like forever but was probably about thirty seconds the call connected. Mason's face popping up.

"Don't say an-" Mason started.

"I kissed Theo!" Liam yelled.

"-ything." Mason finished lamely. "Dude." he sighed.

"He kissed who now?" Stiles shouted, diving into shot. Liam gaped wordlessly watching as the pack descended on Mason, swarming around him like a murder of crows, beady eyes on Liam.

"You kissed Theo?" Scott squeaked.

"Dude!" Liam hissed.

"I tried to warn you."

"Are you guys having like a month-long sleepover or something? Seriously, have you even been apart since-" Liam growled bitterly at the nosy pack

"You sure you want to talk about sleepovers Mr.-I-Kissed-Our-Enemy." Stiles said.

"I uh-" Liam floundered, eyes bulging. "Um.."

"You kissed Theo?" Scott asked again. Liam was really going to have to learn how to say hello like a normal person.

"Sort of?" He said lamely.

"Theo? Our Theo?"

"No, I'm sure he was talking about Theodore Roosevelt, I mean you know how it is, you go to Disney, make out with the 26th president." Stiles said, ending it with a slap over the back of Scott's head. "Of course, he means our Theo, dumbass. Ground him."

"I can't ground him!" Scott said. "Can I?" He added looking to Liam inquisitively.

"Dude, no!" Liam said.

"Okay...So... Theo?"

"Theo." Liam mimicked.

"Do you... I mean, Do you like Theo?" Scott asked. Liam shifted in his seat nervously, head dropping in a minute nod. "And you kissed him?"

"...Yeah." Scott's eyebrows pinched thoughtfully. "Scott I didn't-"

"How was it?"

"What?" Liam gaped.

"How was it?" Scott repeated.

"I...Are you serious?" Scott raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "Dude I... that's not-" The pack blinked at him, entirely silent. Liam's cheeks flushed when he realized they actually expected him to answer. "It wasn't the best." He said slowly.

"Ha!" Stiles cheered. "Theo's crap at kissing!!"

"No, it wasn't... I didn't exactly get a chance to find out. I kissed him and he uh...he punched me in the face." There was a flurry of reactions from the pack. Malia threw her head back and let out a cackling laugh. Scott's face moved back to concerned mother as if he wanted to reach through the tiny screen and pull Liam into a hug. Stiles muttered threats under his breath about killing Theo, Lydia questioned how bad his kissing skills must be to get a punch for it and Mason... Mason spoke above the rest clear and succinct.

"What the fuck did you do now?"

"Mase!" Corey hissed. "That's not-"

"No dude really, how did you screw this up?" Mason ranted. "He calls you Pumpkin, he played golf for you! He sat through lunch with us for you. He said you confuse him! He clearly likes you how the hell did you manage to get him to punch you."

"I uh...may have been a little too confusing." Liam said. "Look it's all good. I punched him back and then we talked and now we're good. I think... If... If you're alright with that Scott?"