Chapter 33: Jonas Brothers 3D concert experience

Ever since being turned Liam had decided the worst thing about being a werewolf, Minus the almost constant near-death experiences, was the sense of smell. Sure, the enhanced hearing could suck at times but it was fairly easy to just...not focus on the sounds outside the room you were in. It was simple to focus on one small thing, a heartbeat, the ticking of a clock, until the sense felt fairly normal. Scent, however, was almost impossible to ignore.

It wasn't just the bad scents, because sure, walking past, or into, any public toilet was enough to leave Liam gagging but the good scents, the ones that used to bring comfort could sometimes be strong enough to bring on a migraine as if he'd spent the past 12 hours in a Lush store snorting bath bombs.

It was the way Masons cologne left his stomach churning and how sometimes, when he'd walk past someone he'd get a sickening whiff of their emotions that left his nose itching like he needed to sneeze.

Not only was his sense of smell a pain in the ass, but other werewolves sense of smell also seemed to be out to get him. With how Scott would scent his chemosignals and try to fix problems Liam hadn't even realized he was having yet, or how Brett had always seemed to use it like a game, poking and prodding until his nostrils would flare as he caught Liam's anger and he'd smirk like he won.

Overall, the enhanced sense of smell was just... not fun. It wasn't something Liam wanted and really, he barely used it intentionally, he'd much rather just listen for danger than smell for it. But the thing about scent was that, unlike the hearing, he couldn't turn it off.

However, waking up surrounded with the scent of fir and citrus Liam could barely remember why he ever had any ill-feelings towards the sense, because surely, anything that let him wake up feeling like he was literally being hugged by Theo's scent couldn't be a bad thing.

Liam could hear the soft hum of Theo's breathing and feel his chest rising and falling slowly beneath his own. He blinked his eyes open, finding his face burrowed into Theo's neck like he was some sort of vampire.

He thanked his healing as he shifted back, positive that without it he'd have a hard time ever moving again from the awkward position he'd slept in. Knee's still braced either side of Theo's thighs and back curled uncomfortably for him to fit his head beneath Theo's jaw. Liam moved slowly, joints creaking uncomfortably wondering how the hell he'd ever managed to fall asleep at such a position.

One look to Theo told him that the chimera would probably be wondering the same thing once he woke up. His neck flopped back between the dip in the headrest at an angle that almost made it look broken, lips parted and a small trail of drool leaving one corner.

Liam felt a smile forming as his eyes flickered over Theo's sleeping form.

He'd made out with Theo. Hell, he'd rutted on the older boys' lap like a horny teenager. Which, true, he may be just that but it didn't make the thought any less daunting knowing that he'd actually turned into the sort of person who got to second base in the backseat of a car where anyone could walk past and see them.

Liam's eyes flickered to Theo's lips, still parted as he breathed soft and even, and Liam was sure he shouldn't be bitter that he wasn't snoring but honestly, it would be nice if Theo could snore just once so Liam could return the mocking. They looked normal, the same as they always did, pink and full and shouldn't there be something, some kind of tell, a little sign dangling off his cupid bow that said 'hey I made out with Liam last night'. With Theo's neck stretched back the way it was Liam could see the distinct lack of marks that Liam knew for a fact he had left the night before, quickly moving enhanced healing to near the bottom of the con list of pros and cons of being a teenaged werewolf.

His tongue darted out across his lips, as if he'd still be able to taste Theo on them, eyes roaming Theo's neck as he tried to figure out just how hard he'd have to suck and bite for a hickey to be semi-permanent. That's if Theo would want to have a repeat of the kissing thing. What if he didn't? What if Liam was a terrible kisser, what if Theo was straight?