10|| Three months

"You speak to me every day. Its nothing new?" i reply in confusion pretty much trying to get rid of any bad thoughts that came to mind.

But i can't help but think... Are they about to tell me Connor is about to move in? i mean it's not like my house is a Hotel suite they can't expect me to look after him too. But i wouldn't exactly mind if my house was as big as the Carvela mansion...

"Hope?" Axel said whilst waving his hand in-front of my face.

"We have been speaking for a minute now. Didnt you hear a word we said?" Jayson added.

oh shit. That's clever isn't it. I just zoned out..

"okay. I'll start again." Axel sighed.

"So we were looking at our flight back to Australia and we..." Jayson faltered

"You?" i questioned completely confused as to what he was trying to say.
how is his flight home going to make any difference to me.

"Our flight is cancelled. For 3 months." Axel simply put it.

three months?!

"Why though. That is so strange." I couldn't help but ask.

"This is because Australia is under a border block because of the trade market between America and Australia. You see America was doing illegal trade with Australia and other countries found out which resulted to a border block from both ends. It's really stupid i know. We have been looking for private flights in the past hour and not a single plane is running." Axel continued.

"So as a result of this...?" i asked

"What do you mean?" Jayson replied.

"Well if you're telling me this and it has nothing to do with me, it probably does concern me?" i returned in frustration.

"Well yeah, it does. We were discussing the consequences of this and we have to tell you because you have the right to know. We came here for Jayson's death anniversary..." Axel informed me while pausing and added softly. "May he rest in peace."

I nodded my head in response and allowed him to continue.

"But then we got told about my business, LB. LB is under the hands of my other staff as we live in America but they have been involved with theft. From us." Axel explained.

"What the hell."

Keep noted that the way i retorted, reason number one. LB is Axels?
And of course reason number two, how dare they steal? How could anyone steal from Axel Micah anyway. I wouldn't dare...

"I know. And the fact that we trusted them." Axel muttered burying his face in his hands.

"Huh?" i remarked completely losing my trail of thought and forgetting everything he just said.

"Layah. Did you even happen to listen to a word i said?" He groaned whilst shaking his head as if i was an imbecile.

"No! i was listening but i kinda forgot the last thing you said." I protested.

"I said, our staff stole from us."

Ohhh now i remember him saying that and i was thinking how could anyone steal from Axel Micah who has a pretty but intimidating gaze and stern look on his face like 24/7 ...

Did i just say pretty? What is wrong with me.

"That's really messed up." i retorted quickly after i found Axel furrowing his eyebrows at me due to me zoning out again.