Prologue U.L.A.W.O.H

*RENEWED PROLOGUE*
*Amy is Hope* remember that
*Bluesy is Bluesy*

——————————————————————————

HOPES POV
The definition of our bond was not 'stuck together like glue.'

It was not 'Blood is thicker than water.'

What it really was, was the connection of two souls... two souls that were permanently bound together by something thicker than rope, stronger than wire. Ironically , I sit here staring at the round cardboard box which was once wrapped with gold paper with crisp edges neatly wrapped; now frayed, and tattered from being kept in a closet for so long with a blanket of dust that idly sat on the face of the box, perhaps for years. Here I am reminiscing that very moment, helplessly wishing to relive it. Relive it with you.

You promised forever... but you lied.

The hem of my T-shirt is now undone, the fabric is gathered and crumpled beneath my palm. So I think about discarding it, just as I think about discarding the hidden memories of our childhood.

But how will that cure the problem? Discarding is not the ailment. So I will hold onto it, think about it and not let go. Even if it means leaving the thread hanging loose. Loose threads with both our soulful connections, and the T-shirt.

BLUESYS POV
She probably doesn't care anymore. She has forgotten me, I convince myself. This conviction somehow keeps deceiving me. Is this a sign to not give up?

Her hazel eyes may now be grey, her brunette waves may now be neon pink locks, altered by her preferences, but that won't stop me. No one else will fulfil the promises we kept together and I won't let that go. 'She's probably moved on' Those words pierce my heart and radiate physical pain. I can't let go. I cannot let her go. I have got to keep trying.

Now I sit here once again, staring at the midnight sky which is scattered with stars. They all have different brightness levels. Some are dim yet some are glistening brighter than the others around it. Stars maybe the symbols of our lives, sometimes we are buried in the dim aspects of life but we just need to escape. Escape and search a little harder for the significant brightness. Sometimes the final luminous star is concealed with dim stars, whereas sometimes the dim and luminous stars are scattered throughout.

It's hard to accept it, but that's okay. That's life. And I just sit here thinking about her. like any other day. The ache doesn't get any better. The heaviness of the want doesn't reduce as the years go by. But with that, I won't ever lose Hope.

The significant moment... 14 years ago.
"Bluesy Bluesy Bluesy."
"What is it Amy!"
"We need to open the box!"

"Oh of course we can. However, I'm not playing Amy. It is for girls, not boys." He said flatly while looking at Hope who was ecstatic.

In the spur of the moment, her mood dropped while tears gushed out of her eyes, staining her cheeks.

"Amy. I'm sorry! Is it because I said I wouldn't play?" He shrieked while walking towards her attempting to give her a hug.

But instead of embracing it she pushed him away.

"It's not fair Bluesy! Noah has not come back and I'm sad because you can't play with me." She cried while wiping her tears with her cardigan sleeve which was already damp with tears.

"Shh. It's not okay Amy, I know. But don't cry. Please. I do love you I promise."
He meant every word he said. She meant the most to him.