||15

Axels words stuck with me

Axels words stuck with me. It wasn't easy to Ignore last night.

'Remember what I said. Faith.'

How does he read me so well? My faux smile Is never transparent. I made It that way. So I can suffer alone and so only I can experience the negative emotions that are eating away my Insides. But how did he just see-through It. Faith... that's one of the most problematic aspects In my life. I don't have a trace of faith In my life. I don't think I ever will.

***

After 5 hours of sketching, sewing, seaming, and typing I had completed my assignment to the best of standards, only accomplished because of Jayson's green teas and fruit platters that fuelled me along the way.

The amount of times he asked If I was okay and needed help were uncountable.

And the amount of times I shoved him away or pushed him out of the room were also uncountable, though I wasn't doing It out of annoyance, It was pretty funny to see him get all worked up and offended afterwards.

It was only right If I told him I have finished.

"Jayson!"

"Yes Hope?" He sighed a breath of relief when he saw my equipment was packed away and the laptop lid was closed.

"You did It. Congrats." He smiled, placing himself on my desk chair.

I blew out a breath of exhaustion and plunged myself on the velvet covered bean bag. "Yep. And I only got through It because of your platters and teas."

"We should celebrate. How about a quick cake?" He suggested, most likely planning the whole cake.

"Oh. I'm meant to be going to Connors sisters place, remember? Speaking of which, where Is Axel? Doesn't he need to change out of his LB unif-."

Jayson cut In. "No you have got to be kidding me. There's no way Its Sunday today. Please tell me Its Saturday or something." Jayson frantically rubbed his palm against his forehead and whipped out his phone, aggressively tapping his screen.

"I'm not kidding... It's Sunday. What's the problem anyway?" I couldn't help asking.

"Oh Its... nothing. I was meant to go to a gir- my friend t- my friends house" He stuttered, still tapping his screen not taking his attention away from It.

"Jayson, Im sure they will understand." I reassured.

"It's complicated. I cant not go." He stressed pushing his phone back Into his pocket.

"Then go!" I exclaimed now standing back up from the beanbag.

"Fine Ill go. But Ill be late." He mumbled.

I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. "Then you tell your friend that you are going to be late? Seriously Jace Im new to this whole friend thing but I sure know more than you do."