1|| Hope (the renewed version)

AN: SKIP THE NEXT CHAPTER IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS BOOK.
the chapter is basically this chapter but the old version.

———————————————————————————
"Today is the day." I whispered to myself, struck with grief, covering myself with the duvet.
Noah's one-year death anniversary.
My heart is aching and has ached ever since.
I have no hope in life without him. It's ironic that .... my name is Hope.

"Hope! Get down, get down!" Lewis yelled, climbing onto my bed.

Where does this child get all of his energy from.

"Moms made your favorite pancakes and you need to help me fix my racing track!" He yelled while tugging the hem on my dress just so that I would acknowledge him.

"Fine. Give me five minutes and i'll come down okay." I say softly.

As if he was going to listen.

"See! I just need to brush my teeth now." I exclaimed whilst walking into the bathroom. "Go down or I'll tickle you."

I just wanted to be left alone.

"I'm going to count to 5!" I sang.

Before I even started to count, he scurried out of my room and rushed down the hallway.

He is the only person in the family that I associate with since last year. Everyone else,I pushed them away. I mean what is the damn point of associating with people if they all die in the end?

There. I said it and as bluntly as I did.

Well, I pushed away everyone besides Em.

She's my...well how do I put it? It's rude if I say maid.

Although she works for my family as a maid, I consider her my friend. She's the only person I can confide in, well of course, after Noah's death. I swear if she wasn't in my life, I'd still be ruined and most likely would've gone through depression.

Another chaotic morning in the Carvela mansion. It's too much for all of these fashion shows and photo shoots.

Thank god I only have to stay here one more night.

As if I was going to eat breakfast with my family. Not today anyway.

Instead of making a heavy breakfast, I poured myself a glass of milk and grabbed a pack of cookies and went back to my room.

Attempted to get to my room.

Just as I left the kitchen, I bumped into someone who made half of the milk in my glass spill in the creeks of the tiles and my cookies fell onto the floor.

I turned around to face him. My heart skipped a beat and there he was. A guy. His thick black hair was so gorgeous and his green eyes ... they were so dreamy.

What the heck I've never fantasized over a boy before...

Instead of scheming the unreliable fantasy, I ignored everything that was going on inside my mind and nudged passed him. I didn't even acknowledge him.

I mean what is the point of doing so anyway?

Flicking through Netflix on my T.V was the only aspect of fulfilment and enjoyment in this house.The damn TV was the only aspect of happiness in my home.

Everything else sucks. Meaning my family.

Okay but wow...what just happened?

That boy. His aura was different. It was safe and welcoming.