Chapter 13

Chapter 13 is dedicated to Stelle_Moon

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------

I was feeling kinda lonely by myself. I stared down at my slippers as I walked around the pool for the fourth time.

I contemplated going upstairs to read, when something shiny caught my attention. I moved the pool noodle that was lying on top of it and picked it up. It was a butterfly necklace. Callie’s necklace!

I had to get it back to her before she started freaking out. After all, it was a gift from Demetri.

I glanced around the place until I spotted her fiery hair. She was with Demetri. I went over to them tentatively and tapped her shoulder.

Before she could say anything, I held out the necklace. Her eyes widened and she touched her neck, realizing that it was gone.

“Omg, thanks Liz!” she said, sweeping her hair to the side and handing it to Demetri to clasp around her neck.

“It’s nothing, Cals. I was just walking around and I was really surprised to find it-” I paused mid sentence as I caught sight of Demetri’s glare.

What was his problem?

I ignored him and turned back to Callie.

“I don’t know what I would’ve done if I couldn’t find it,” she sighed.

I smiled. “I’m glad I found it because-”

“Um… Elizabeth?”

I turned to Demetri, who’d just spoken. He flashed me a small smile that I could tell was forced.

“Callie and I were in the middle of something.” He coolly dropped an arm around her shoulder. “You don’t mind, do you?"

“U-um… sure, no, it’s fine. I’ll talk to you later,” I stuttered as my face heated up in embarrassment.

She nodded and I turned and walked away. I probably deserved that.

I got back into my routine of walking around the pool deck, when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to find a guy with dark hair and dark brown eyes. He was taller now, and more freckled, but I recognized him. Orion. What was he doing here?

I frowned as I faced him and he scratched his neck awkwardly. Orion was Melissa’s childhood friend and ex boyfriend. They had broken up a year before she met Trey. He wasn’t a bad guy, they just drifted apart.

The question was, why did he show up now?

“Hi, Elizabeth,” he said, offering me a small wave.

I waved back, still confused.

“I’ll just cut to the chase,” he sighed. “You’re probably busy with the party.”

Yeah, pool patrolling was hard work.

“I’m looking for Mel,” he said, wincing slightly when he saw my befuddled expression. “Let me explain,” he said hurriedly. “I just want to talk to her.”

“I mean I can’t stop you from seeing her,” I said slowly. “But you do know that she has a boyfriend now, right?”

He looked winded. “What? So I’m too late? She’s already taken?”

I nodded sympathetically. “Sorry.”

“I still want to talk to her,” he said, a determined gleam flashing in his eyes. “I’ve tried to stay away from her but… I just really need to talk to her again.”