Chapter 95

Chapter 95 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 10K reads!

Your reads,follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
-----------------------------------------------------------

 Love you all😘-----------------------------------------------------------

I hadn’t been able to sleep after meeting with the king. I hadn’t been able to cry either. That was, until I told my parents about everything that had happened. Well, the censored version at least.

I was still forbidden to tell them that I was in contact with the royal family, so they only knew that I had an anonymous tip that was giving me information about my biological mother.

I’d hesitantly confessed to them that I’d tried to meet with her. They knew that I’d still wanted to see her, so it wasn’t surprising news. It probably hurt them deep down, and that only made me feel worse.

They said they were happy that I’d survived the accident and that they were blessed to have me in their lives. They understood that meeting my biological mother was important to me and they respected my choice. The tears finally came, when they’d embraced me so lovingly despite everything I’d said to them.

I was blessed to have them. I decided that I would focus my attention on them instead of dwelling on the past. It would only hurt everyone involved if I insisted on stirring everything up. They were the ones who were here now, and I owed it to them to be a good daughter.

I’d cried almost the entire night and the following morning. That, combined with no sleep, left me feeling groggy and miserable. My parents would also be gone the entire day to attend a function.

Dad made breakfast and insisted I ate before they left. I managed to swallow a few bites to satisfy him. I watched their car pull out of the driveway and then dragged myself upstairs and back into bed.

My stomach was still twisted into knots from the devastating news I’d gotten. I didn’t want to think about it anymore, but I couldn’t stop replaying the conversation over in my mind.

I hugged my pillow closer with an airy sigh. I had no pictures of my biological mother. I had no memories of her either.

It was almost as if she didn’t exist in the first place. It was heart-wrenching not being able to remember someone who had been my entire world. She didn’t deserve such a tragic end to her life.

And now, if I went against the king, he wouldn’t hesitate to hurt the people close to me. If anything bad happened to one of my friends or family it would be my fault again.

I hugged the pillow tighter, willing myself to get some sleep, but such a luxury was elusive at a time like this. Not even the new book lying on top of my desk seemed enticing enough to lull me out of my melancholy.